any one here have dinozaurs/dinozone?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Dolza_Khyron, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i've been looking into picking a few of these up, but i can't find any good reviews, or pictures, so any one have them? are they worth picking up? they look pretty cool, but the chrome/clear parts worry me that they might break easily, do they? what is the plasitic quality like?

and oh yes, those who have them.

pictures would be nice. :D 

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the dragon guy...i find the toys quite durable but some collectors find them rather flimsy.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I had a silver dragon, It was called Gigano Dragon, within about 10 days of getting it, it snapped in about 5 different places, but while I had it, the dragon mode was fun, because it had something like 26 points of articulation, but the robot mode sucked, all that could move was his arms and head, thanks to the Transformation scheme.
    He could also 'Link Up' with another figure called 'Drago Wing' to from 'Ultimate Gigano Dragon' both were available seperately or in a 2-pack.
    They were made by Bandai in 1999

Pics of some figures from the line
    http://www.virtualtoychest.com/dinozaurs/dinozaurs.html

Scroll down to the second pic to see Ultimate Gigano Dragon

4. Dolza_Khyron

yea that is what i am afraid of, while they look cool, they look as flimbsy as a knock off.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think the dragon was only flimsy because of its body design, the actual toy was about 1-2 metres long I recall, and thin too, like a Chinese Dragon, so it's no wonder it broke.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hmmm, mine was the Japanese version and its still in good condition...the rest why I find it sturdy is because the toy is simply stored in a "storage box" along with my other toys. There have been no reported breakages among fellow collectors either so...

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Mine was the american version, and I got it from a shop in Hunstanton that always sells damaged or factory error toys for cheap.
    So, it may have had something to do with when it was being manufactured

8. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I had about a 6 or so of them, a few years ago. I tossed them out, due to all of them having broken parts on them. They were fun while they lasted though.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have the dragon, and nothing on him has ever broken. Sometimes a joint will pop off, but they pop right back on.

10. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

I have the Dinozaurs version of the sabretooth cat and the pteranodon, and the plastic on both feels quite cheap and flimsy, though, through being careful with them, I've yet to break them.
    Anyhow, it's not just the Dragon figure that feels like a knockoff, mine are that way too.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Same with mine.

I have most of the first run somewhere, they look okay but they don't feel very well put together. Not exactly KO-ish, if they were KOs I'd say they were good quality ones. From an actual first party release, though, I'm disappointed. The weapons on a few are made from very soft, grey plastic, too.

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got the purple dragon when they first came home. Got him out of the box. Transformed him twice then the little part that clips in a hole as a joint broke off. Well I packed him up, took him back and got my money back. Avoid these. they are very poor quality. I've got KOs that are sturdier than the Gigano Dragon.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've got a few, but the quality does indeed seem rather inferior to what we're used to.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found the Dinozaurs toys interesting, but most did feel kinda "off" to me. They seemed a lot like a line built around a lot of the poorer design decisions of Beast Wars. It was the least posable in robot mode, but Gigano Dragon was my favorite for its unusual design.

15. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The DinoZaurs were remolded to fit American toy standards. If you can, purchase the DinoZone sets that remain on eBay. For example, the Triblados combiner had its slashing gimmick removed from all three bots for the American release.

Gigano Dragon, despite its flimsiness, is quite a beast. It stands unique as the only Chinese dragon robot to date, and executes it nicely. The best of the line has got to be DinoTyranno. Attach his sword and his shield and you've got a killer combination.

It also helps that the Japanese releases come with CG video that detail their stories. DinoTyranno comes with the first one, GiganoDragon the second, followed by videos from Triblados, and finally from Nightwing.

I wholeheartedly recommend the series. The toys aren't meant to be handled roughly, but they display well and the translucent plastic is quite a sight to behold. Attached is a picture of my display:

[​IMG]

I hope this helps!

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

17. Dolza_Khyron

thank you all, it is nice to get a range of opinions, and some great shots of them as well. so over all, they do still catch my attention, but now i know that they are more on the weaker side, but, how do they compare to other things in bandai, like, Power rangers, vs quality? digimon? Gobots? Gundam?

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    There was a sabertooth tiger?! What's his name and do u have pictures?!

I can't comment on the quality of the American versions as mine is Japanese.

19. Dolza_Khyron

so then, comment on the japanese verisons, as those would natually be what i would get, anyways. maybe one or two american verisons, but that would just be, just to have a few that i can't find the japanese verisons of.

20. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I have the blue Sabertooth and the green Terranodon.

They seem like good quality toys. They are still tight, have never fallen apart, and are still in good condition.

They are also currently for sale.