Any one else think they rushed with putting Unicron barely in the 2nd season

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by jazz_123, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

I think they should of put Unicron in the last season of prime to make him more intense and evil

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well I was expecting them to do that when I first heard that Unicron would be coming. However I think it was handled nicely but that's my opinon.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think so, its a shame they didn't put Unicron in season 2.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Absolutely. He appeared right the fuck out of nowhere with a shoehorned-in "prophecy" we only heard about at the end and his presence was resolved almost immediately. They simply wanted an "epic" ending but rather than have it be character focused or something more relevant to the show's themes they just copied the ending of the original movie.

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I like what they did with him, but I wish that they had more hints to him and the prophecy prior to the season finale.

I just hope that Unicron shows up later on in the series.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

It could have been better but it was OK.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I've never had "Unicron barley" before. Is it just like regular barley? ;) 

THIS.

At first I was okay with the way he was introduced, but the more I think about, the more I realize just how shoe-horned in he was. We got hints of him in the first few episodes with things like "Dark Energon is the blood of Unicron", "Unicron the Destroyer", "his blood is the anti-spark", etc., but after that five-parter, not much was said on the matter.

Heck, even once or twice throughout the following 15-20 ish episodes of mentioning something to do with him. You know, like when Megatron battles Optimus in episode five, if he said something to Optimus like: "The Chaos Bringer will never be stopped, Optimus!". Or when Megatron returns in episode 14 (or 15, whatever), if his eyes glowed brighter and said "His power...it grows...my power!". Or if at the end of the episode where Starscream flies off and disappears, if the camera slowly panned to a nearby mountain and showed how it was oozing dark energon from its crevices. Just a couple little things like that might've made his appearance better.

As for his "resolution", I'm willing to bet that Unicron will appear (in some form or another) before the series ends.

8. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I do believe Unicron may reappear at some point. Wasn't it Ratchet that said the matrix put him in stasis?

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Um they didn't really say that the whole things's resolved. There's a strong chance he'll reapper so he'll have way more to do. Honestly I dont hink they copied the original ending at all. The whole prophecy thing wasn't shoehorned in the last secon. Remember in the first few episoes they talked about Unicron.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The thing is Unicron as a character (well, he's not really a character. The Fallen had more character than he does. At least he had the whole hate the humans thing) was not bad. I like the reimagining as a sort-of metaphysical being rather than just a gaint who eats planets. But he just... showed up, then went away.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The only previous mention of Unicron is "The Blood of Unicron", and they just sort of shoehorned him in in the last few episodes of Season 1 because... Unicron is cool I guess. If there was some sort of build up, or at least the "prophecy" being spread out over multiple episodes, it could've been handled better. The season finale episodes are not BAD, they just dump a lot of information all at once, and you wonder "Where the Hell did that come from?" The whole thing hits you like a sack of bricks, but you realize the bricks are made of candy.

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well Unicron in the G1 movie didn't have much to do either so the TFP Unicron isn't the only version here to complain about that flaw. The fallen wasn't really handled well in ROTF too I'm afraid.

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I liked how he ended up being the Earth's core. I thought that was an interesting take on him. It was refreshing for Unciron to have physical avatars that could actually fight and interact with bots and cons. It was always so dull when he was just floating out in space, too big to actually do much.

His introduction was a bit rushed, but I thought Unicron was very well done, and I doubt we've seen the last of him.

14. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Yes on both accounts. I do think that if they saved him for a later season, it would've had more of an impact on the viewers.

I mean it's fucking Unicron, the desrtoyer of worlds. He's the earth's core too!
    That's kinda big.

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    That's exactly what Split Lip said. To say The Fallen was handled better than so-and-so is an insult.

I love how you once again immediately jump to fly off the handle because Prime is being criticized, and pull the "Well G1 wasn't any better". Just because G1 didn't do it well either doesn't mean that Prime has an excuse.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Okay I misunderstood what he said. I'm sorry.

Look I know Prime doesn't have excuses to do flaws at times,I mean if I believed that I would argued that Prime doesn't have any flaws at all but instead I'm saying that it does. It has flaws just like the past series before it even Beast Wars and Animated which is normal for every series has if they are major or minor. I'm trying to express my own thoughts just like you and SPLT LIP are.

17. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Na...I find when cartoons save the biggest for last.
    It's not normally saving the best for last.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Exactly, and if there was some buildup it would've been cool too. If the main plot had been presented or even mentioned during the larger part of the series, things would've felt a lot smoother, rather than like a big brick wall of exposition. However, if half of the season had just been Unicron related stuff, it would've gotten boring. I am too quick to call the larger part of TF Prime "filler", as it's not contributing to the main plot in most cases, but it left plot threads that are ready to explore in the future, and the episodes were all pretty interesting.

19. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I didn't really like it. This "prophecy" came out of nowhere and then Unicron just showed up and died quickly.

20. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I really dislike this Unicron. From an evil godlike entity with billion of years of depraved wisdom and utterly desires of omnicide, I expected a few epic speeches, at least, not that "Now you´ll know me as Unicron, YOUR DESTROYER!" lame thing.

Seriously, Sovereign from Mass Effect would have eaten him for breakfast.