Any one else not spend like crazy this weekend?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Blitz., May 30, 2009.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So like most of us fans I made a trip to TRU to empty my bank account of all that pesky money and to pick up some sexy new toys.... only I didn't

I got their about 10ish and I basically got my pick of what ever I wanted... I left with 1 Break Away 1 Detour and 1 green/Black bike guy.

I don't know what happened between the car park and seeing the toys in person but my plans to pick up all the basics, deluxes and the leaders just didn't seem worth it. I looked at the toys and I thought to myself do I really want these? No. I dont know if it was the hype but I looked at them in person and I was rather meh about a lot of them Prime being the biggest offender since he looked so unpainted to me. But the biggest killer was the prices £8 for a basic £13 for a deluxe and £45 for a leader. I know they have been like that for a few months now but that small increase adds up fast and my 3 toys came out at just over £28 crazy for 2 basics and a deluxe

I'm sorry Hasbro but sadly it looks like I'll be skipping most of ROTF

2. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm getting 1 toy in Sideswipe.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to buy all the toys that you did not but

can I find the items that I actualy want?! No! I caaaan't.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I've bought Starscream, because he's the main ROTF figure I wanted.
    Ive got plenty of time to get the rest of Wave 1.

5. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Prime, Sideswipe and Starscream.
    So I haven't gone crazy.
    But I'm gonna be picking up alot more, there's no rush.
    Hasbro will be getting alot of money from me this summer.

6. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    I got Leader Prime, Rampage, Sideswipe and Demolishor...
    I would like to collect all constructicons (individual bots), EZ devastator and Leader Jetfire.....
    Not a lot, but but looks like a lot too....

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had my pick of fresh ROTF at Wal-Mart, the employees had just gone done when I hit the aisle. I didn't want a single one. I'm half interested in some, and I want Prime, but I can't be bothered. Most of the movie stuff is ugly to me, and the ones that aren't, I figure that much in groceries is a lot more valuable.

8. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

all i got was a breakaway and then i picked up a universe hound and ravage. the price increases do add up fast, i miss the 7.99 days at walmart. the movie line isnt that cool to me, there are just a few i want, most of these are a easy pass.

9. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for now i just plan on picking up leader prime and Rampage

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I wasn't going to, but I finally caved.

I I bought six figures over the past 24-36 hours.

I had to get one of each new mold (except for Breakaway. He's just a piece of crap.)

But I think I know what part of your problem is...

Wave 1 has no pizazz. It's all blandly colored and matte looking. Leader Class Optimus is the only one that really stands out with his vibrant red and blue.

Sideswipe and Sideways are both silver and dull against their card backing.
    Breakaway is doubly bland.
    Rampage just isn't that impressive.
    Bumblebee is just a horrible, horrible overstock.

Other than Demolishor, and the new Starscream mold...the Voyagers are dull colored and bland as well.

Maybe I'm used to Animated with it's vibrant colors and "in your face" design, but ROTF Wave 1 was just so dull colored and boring looking. (Thankfully, the toys are mucho awesome. They just look like a bunch of boredom on the pegs, clustered together.)

You're not the only one who didn't spend much this weekend. So far ROTF ain't movin' off the shelves. I went back to my local Wal-Mart and nothing had sold. Not one.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's definitely suck that just a few months ago you could get a deluxe for less than it takes to buy a scout now

12. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I'm right there with most of you. I'm just not much of a fan of the Movie aesthetic at all. Of the whole line I've seen so far, I've already picked up Sideswipe (awesome toy, btw) and Sideways last night and that's it. I do plan, however, on picking up the Human Alliance stuff as well as Leader Jetfire later.

The rest really were an easy pass for me...which ultimately just leaves me with more money in my pocket to squander elsewhere!:thumbs2: 

13. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Unlike most everyone else here, I'm not a collector really, but I do have a G1 reissue prime (the one that came with the first 3 episodes on DVD, etc) Leader Prime from the first movie and I picked up a Leader Prime from Walmart yesterday. I really, really love the new Leader Prime. I love the old one too, but it's fun to have him sitting in Alt mode, and the new one in bot mode (he's a PITA to transform anyway) next to each other.

I can see how it's easy to avoid spending a lot of $ though. Prime is the only one I'll buy. My wife even said "Why not go get a Megatron too?" and I just feel bad dropping $45 on another leader class, and $12.88 on a couple of smaller ones, even though I really, really like some of them.

The only other two I might pick up are Ejector, since the toaster thing cracks me up, and if I ever saw a Dispensor toy I'd be all over that. I want refreshment shot at me.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wanted to be totally fair so I went to the store to see if in person would change my mind about the figures, but even after picking up the figures I just ended up putting them back down. The vehicle modes I really liked but the robot modes weren't doing it for.

I think part of the problem is with so many movie lines coming out that new stuff wasn't stocked for so long I've fallen out of the habit of buying toys because for a while there was nothing to buy. Without the figures really clicking for me even the ones I've considered like maybe a few of the scout class figures were just too easy to wait for a sale on.

Just a feeling that if I missed any of the figures my collection really will not be any worse off without them. Guess I wasn't in any hurry to take a chance on any of them either because it didn't look like they were moving very fast so I had the feeling I'd be seeing them on the shelves for a very long time. Not that Universe feeling of oh crap I better buy it now because I might not ever see that figure on the pegs again.

15. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i saw all of wave 1 two days ago. i mean ALL. from robot heroes to leader. yet i didn't pick up one. i couldn't justify buying them. no doubt that will change after the movie comes out, but i just didn't feel the motivation.
    picked up some animated stuff though

16. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I couldn't spend like crazy, as I haven't even gone to a TRU or Target lately, and I probably wouldn't. I would've gotten 2 Deluxes and maybe a Voyager.

17. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I only spent 30, I know their not gonna disappear, I can wait, plus I'm waiting to find wave 2 deluxes

18. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i didn't spend anything

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea most of the ROFL figures are doing little for me. Some of them are really cool, but most of them are just 'EEEEGH'. I've been emptying my wallet on Animated figures

20. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I bought Ransack, The Fallen & Soundwave. Now I just plan on getting all the leaders & Depthcharge That's about it unless they show us something awesome that we haven't seen yet (I'm sure they will!).

I'm sick to death of car Transformers. Every line has waaaay too many cars. Hasbro needs to slow down with the cars. I got slammed with too many cars in the Universe line + all the 2007 movie cars. I wont buy any more cars unless it's Wheeljack.

That new Universe Silverbolt/Skyjack repaint they showed at Botcon is far more exciting to me than anything in the movie line.