Any One Buy The Screen Battle Packs Yet? Are They Worth It?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mirage232, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I bought the battle pack with Long Arm, and the damaged Bumblebee last night. The little Megan Fox in the driver seat is kind of cute, but at twenty dollars each, are these really worth the price? I saw the Barricade one tonight, and I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Is it true that Barricade cannot eject Frenzy from his chest? If so, that is a dealbreaker for me. What I concluded was that the only reason I was buying these were for the little figurines in the box. What do you think? Should these be skipped?

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I finally opened up the First Encounter today and it's the same deluxe Barricade with the figures. At $20, it's up to you to decide if the packaging and exta figures are worth the extra $10. It does make a nice display box. Also, the Frenzy not coming out of the chest has been discussed here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=161207

3. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I'd believe so. Or just wait till they go on clearance, because I doubt they be a seller, or at most a outstanding seller.

4. Mirage232

Yea, but it is always a gamble. I didn't think anyone would buy those Target AT-ST packs either, but then they all vanished.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Geez, I didn't realize the sets would be $20, I was thinking $15 considering it's one deluxe and a few mini figurines... Ah well, there goes my interest

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yeah, I contemplated buying these as well but decided to pass because of the price. Long Arm does have some differences in the paint and the aforementioned Megan Fox in the driver seat, but it didn't seem worth it...

7. Mirage232

I also am leaning towards no they are not worth it, especially if we are going to get "updated versions" of these guys like Best Buy Ratchet and Megatron. I only bought Long Arm because I didn't have that character yet, and the damaged Bumblebee made a nice addition, but the others are just the basic figure, with three tiny plastic figurines. I don't think they are worth the additional ten dollars, though I noticed that the deluxe figures have gone up in price a couple of dollars in many places.

8. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I would agree with you there. I saw them over the weekend, both the bumblebee and the Baracade ones. I don't really care for minatures to begin with, and I am not a keep the toys in the box kinda person, so there really is nothing that would encourage a 20 dollar purchase for me. :( 

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The miniatures are interesting enough to warrant a purchase, if the toy itself is modified enough. Like Sam, Mikaela, and Frenzy are nice but they come with Barricade who's only change seems to be to prevent the normal Frenzy from coming out. The Bumblebee in this series is really nice, especially with the face actually looking like he did in the movie, but I've got no interest in the Sector Seven figures and the inevitable Premium Bumblebee should satisfy the same need for accuracy.

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Most of the $10 increase is probably in getting it to the store (4 to a case instead of 8, things like that), but no... I don't feel they're worth it.

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw them to the other day and passed, thinking I don't want to pay twice as much for a deluxe when the single deluxe included is what I would want.

It's a way for Hasbro to get twice as much money for about a 5th of the engineering. With two deluxes, you get nice engineering with nice sculpting from the movie line. Here, you get hardly no new engineering for the'bot that's included and a few little sculpts. Price seems too high to me.

12. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

When I found them there was no price tag, and it wouldn't scan so I didn't know the price until the cashier rang it up. There was a tremendous sticker shock, but I have to say I don't regret it. The upcoming repaint of Barricade sucks out loud, and it's nice to have an in-scale Frenzy.

If they make a Landmine with the Josh and Tyrece I'll buy it too.

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I didn't have the delux figure from the set, I'd pick them up. But since I do, I don't want to spend $20 just to get the human figures.

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I just wish the figures were posable, rather then static.

15. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    IMO, they are not worth the $20 price point. But if you buy them, Target and Hasbro will be happy.

I have looked in person at that Longarm with that figure of Megan consisted of head&arms but her face never looks close to the real character... well , it is too small to make it justified.

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Not even close to worth it imo. They are $25 here in Canada (as in US at least $10 more than a deluxe), so that's $10 extra for 3 crappy little pvc figures and the display box.

17. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I got the First encounter last week and was shocked by the price. Probably not worth it. If you want to leave it in package and display its ok. I will get the rest because I am an obsessive completionist.

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

20 bucks? A deluxe costs more than that in my country. I'd buy it.