Any of you guys have KO Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here had KO Shockwave? If so, how does he stack up in terms of KO's.

I saw a recent review on G1 shockwave and he looks very articulated for the time. So I think I could at least get a couple of cool poses from him and put him with my Masterpiece collection. My goal is to get all the season 1 Decepticons in MP size class.

Can he get decent poses, and is his joints tight in the KO version?

Any other impressions of him would be great.

Thanks,

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one. The electronics actually worked, forgot how such a loud aweful sound he made.

The problem with mine was right out the box the bar that the legs slide on was already rusting and his left leg is a little loose in the knee where the foot slides up and down so it is hard to pose without wanting to drop on one side.

other than that i like it, good joints the rest over and much cheaper than the real deal which is why if i can get a ko and is close enough, thats good enough for me!

3. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yes I have the ko shockwave. Im very impress with the quality, its pretty much exactly like the real g1 version. I cant even tell any differences at all. I would highly recommend this toy. Its one of my favorite transformer toy in my collection. The best thing is its a fraction of the price for the same g1 transformers toy.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  you say that about every ko, nobody can trust your opinion. You said it about Fort Max and it was never even made.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Whats a loose mint G1 go for now a days anyway? I don't really care about the box and other stuff.

6. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    A loose mint one varies in price anywhere from $100 to $175... This is based on personal experience of selling / buying the few that I've owned in recent past.

I do have the KO and the original and I the KO's quality isn't really that bad.

The KO does suffer from having a loose foot... Can't remember which, if it was the right or left... and it also has a shorter rubber hose compared to the original.

There are also variations of the KO having silver or gold paint applications for SW's eye.

Another variation of the KO would be the availability of a silver or purple gun barrel / shield.

When comparing the KO to the original, the KO is noticeably darker... But it could be to the original being 20 plus years old.

As for the electronics, the KO is incredibly loud... Louder than the original I remember owning as a kid.

As for the articulation, the KO can hold a few cool poses, but it's rather limited due to being a G1 figure.

Overall, for $80-90 the KO is not a bad place holder until you can find an original in the condition you want and price you want to pay for one.

Hope that helps. :thumb 

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Does this figure still look decent next to the MP figures?

8. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    ^ Not really... It has more G1 charm to it more than anything else, but I guess you can if you'd like.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the KO Shockwave and it is an impressive toy.
    i opened it, examined it for the flaws listed in the Feedback thread (you might want to search for it there) and when i made sure mine didn't have any of them, i put him back in the box and display him in-box.

he's a damn sight bigger than i recall as a kid, (it's a plus) and beautiful.

i paid ~$70 (+ shipping) for it and feel great about it.

the hard part with buying that Shockwave was getting past the QC issues i read in that Feedback.
    it was about taking a chance and getting rewarded for it. i will go through the same thing when the Fort Max actually comes out, but will break down and get it anyway, lol.

well worth it, IMO.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I have the KO Soundwave in my MP Collection. It is repainted to be more Cartoon accurate, but other then that, I don't mind it with the MP collection.

So if I don't mind that one, do you think I would mind this one? Is it sized for MP?

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Mines pretty good. I was amazed the electronics worked as well. Still do. One of his legs however is slightly loose and he can't stand as tall as he should.
    My real issue was the "rubber" hose that was used to cover the wire between the body and arm was severely cracked. So badly cracked that he looked better without the hose than with it. Wish somebody would supply repro-hoses for Shockwave. Tried to fix it myself with special tubing, but the problem was the end pieces. :( 

Still, love the figure. And while I'm pleased the sounds work, they are annoying as hell.

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^This. And ill get an original Shockwave, thank you very much! :lol 

13. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think he would stick out like a sore thumb with MP's. His height was just like that due to how he was made, not to fit in the the MP line that was not even in thought 20 years ago.

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the KO Shockwave. But just like Deceptigtar and Curamen have said, the electronic sound is loud.

The problems I have with mine is the gun barrel keeps falling off and the right leg is loose. Other than that, I'm happy with it.