Any News on final DOTM Releases

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starparu, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone heard anything regarding the Rumored Leader Class ( Megatron, Shockwave) , Deluxe Dino, and If anyone has seen pics of the Twintwist/Leadfoot 2 pack. Thanks, if this is repeat topic ( couldn't find one) just ignore this. Thanks in advance :) .

2. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    There have been some images of the Deluxe Leadfoot toy we are suppose to get in the Target 2-Pack

I think if you scroll far back into TFW's news on the front page, like towards the end of July, you can find the pics of Leadfoot. There are some bot-mode and alt-mode.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Nope, nothing yet I think.

4. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya, I actually found that one. More or less, I just wanted to see the Twin-twist. Thanks :) 

EDIT: Sorry, I miss-read your post, and I found the pic, thanks again

5. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Not much more that we know of... No Leader Megs or SW...

The two repaints we saw of Shockwave may end up in a multipack...

Looking back on Hasbro's production, we are gauranteed repaints from the DOTM line.

We just havnt seen much yet...

The holidays are around the corner. Im sure we'll get more info soon. The wait is tough...

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I doubt it seriously since we are at the end of August,and with Prime figs coming out in two months I think we may get 1 more wave of DOTM and that'll be all she wrote for movie figs.

I may also be one of the few but I will literally praise the almighty when DOTM is over,as Hasbro has made it perfectly clear that they wanna get thru with them,since sales are at an all time low (ooo I wonder why,oh wait the 100 thousandth Bumblebee remake).Also with the end of the DOTM line so is my mainline collecting,from now on I am going back to the true collectibles like human alliance,masterpieces,and classics where they are more collectors pieces.Lastly sorry for the long rant but I am so sick of these things.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

There's still Evac to think about and if I'm correct,Hasbro said he'd come out in Spring. Possible subline maybe?

8. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

You do know that the Prime line being released in November is the preview line, right? That the full line doesn't release until next year.

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Hey that's right! It's hard to believe it will be September tomorrow. Only two months to go! :D 

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Dont forget AirRaid.

I hope they do non-movie characters when they run out of Movie characters. I'd like to see Barrage, Slipstream, and Silverbolt made into Movie toys.

11. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Personally, I hope we get a post-movie line. Allspark Power, Nest, and HftD (which I know some will argue was just a general 2010 line, but it had many movie toys) were all great and gave us some of the best movie toys.

Prime's got lots of time to come out too, the show will have a few seasons, so there's no rush (other than us fans wanting them asap).

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Leader Class Megatron and Shockwave are nothing more than rumors, at this point.
    - So far, Deluxe Soundwave, Wheeljack/Que, Air Raid and Dark Iron (Steel?) have been definitely been confirmed as upcoming figures. I thought I remember hearing something about Deluxe Mirage/Dino, but might be getting it confused with something else.
    - The Target-exclusive Leadfoot/Twin Twist Deluxe two-pack is confirmed. I think the DPCI code for finding it in Target's stock system is even known; if you search the News Forum for something like "Leadfoot DPCI", it should bring up the thread.
    - Keep in mind that the end of DotM doesn't automatically mean the end of movie figures, since they might just transition to a new subline after DotM-proper comes to an end (eg - TFTM07 -> Allspark Power or RotF -> Hunt for the Decepticons).

Credible source, please.

13. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I have a feeling the movie aesthetic will slowly make its way into Generations. After all, the classics line has evolved from just G1 toys, and there are some drastic differences in style between some toys. If we don't get a Dino now, we'll probably get one in Generations.

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes...From my persepective, And I have worked retail and marketing, I think the DOTM line was one of the most successful movie lines Ive seen in quite awhile. Compare it to ANY other movie line on shelves RIGHT NOW...Capn..Thor...Hell..Even seems like SW stuff is crawlin. The other movies seemed to drag out waves...We bought SO MUCH SHIT SO FAST.....I dont think its ever been done like that before

Sure, with Walmart your seeing a literal ton of BB's. But look at this toy campaign from a whole.

The toys launched Before the movie hit, And they were flying off shelves around here. Hasbro BOMBARDED us with multiple waves SO fast I have never seen waves like this come so fast in any other toy line. I was one of the guys buying them early from targets stock room. on the "official" day of release..I scored Thundercracker at TRU of all places...wasnt that wave 3?

This toy line had coupon tie ins with theater promos (glow in the dark poster with target coupons) on release night, and every time I seen it after I grabbed a STACK of the posters cuz they said I could.

Target and TRU, Hell they have moved most of the stock around here and most of what is found are later waves and exclusives.

The only Voyagers I see in large numbers are Prime and Ironhide...

Even Leader Bees are getting scarce...Try to find a leader sentinal around here!

Cyberverse seems to have been a hit....Look around and if you remember seeing what seemed like hundreds of BB APC packs, now in stores there only a few...

The only thing I see that have been a flop are the new activators, Gobots, and the robot punching things..Everything else is moving...

I would be VERY suprised to hear the DOTM line was a phail...Im pretty certain that there are guys in Hasbro right now getting atta-boys for this Wham-Bam-Thank-you-Geek Bombardment which was the DOTM line.

15. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't there a Fall Toy preview show that happens in October?

I'm surprised we haven't seen any repaints of the leader class figures. Every other line has leader repaints. Not that I'm complaining. I wonder if there will be a line that will happen similar to the hunt for the decepticon line where we'll get additional movie figures.

16. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    im pretty sure we are....they are gonna milk this one to the very end...these toys sell contrary to what other people say....

17. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im with you. Like I said above, From my view...They have rocked this line. Surely we will see the inevitable repaints, But they cant and never had a line JUST of repaints...There will be some new stuff in a subline..

and it will be called

ROTR

Revenge Of The Repaints....with a Not Ferrari sprinkled in...

18. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Well...

19. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow....yea.....you are right. I stay away from that era

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't see Hasbro missing the tie in opportunity with the release of the DVD/Blu-ray. That will give teh toys at least tow more month of staying power IMHO.