Any news on Encores??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Yigal, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Does anyone know if there are gonne be more G1 Encore releases after Metroplex? And wich ones??

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Nope. No news out of Wonder Fest 2008 at all.

Very disappointing. Perhaps they are just not selling all that well. I don't get why they would stop otherwise with the 25th Anniversary coming up.

If the line is over with Metroplex I guess my pipedream of a reissued G1 Springer or Stunticons giftset will end.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We've still got the Skywarp/Thundercracker set coming...

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I expect we will here something in September when Metroplex is closer to shipping.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't know that it's over. Metroplex and the seekers were announced, when, May? I think we will see a few more releases.

And Fort Max better be in there :D 

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be really disappointed if they wrap up Encore so quickly...but it is starting to look that way with absolutely no news/rumours after Metroplex...

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Relax a little. Gaps in announcements are not unusual with Takara. Especially when they go on a glut and announce so MUCH stuff coming up so far out as they did a little while ago.

8. Yigal

Ebay:

The last gap I remember was after Bookreissue Blaster came out. The Bookreissueline was dead immidiatly after that one.

I'm still hoping on a Reissue Trypticon, Black Zarak (E-hobby after the release of Encore Scorponok) and a Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet giftset.......

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think patient is the key. Let's not forget TFs weren't doing well in Japan not - up until the TF movie was released in Japan.

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im not sure its to late to hear of any potential reissues, theres still the 2 seekers and metroplex which would suggesnt that any other encores wouldnt be out until about december/new year. encores are the only thing stiopping me from searching for vinatge TF right now so i hope it is far, far from the end. there is the possibility of a piranacon giftset of course as there is an active complete mould for the TFCC set.

takara pehaps needs to concentrate on new reissues instead of re-reissues that might stagnate somewhat, jazz for eg has been reissued twice before and available in the west via hasbro, something like piranacon and of course metroplex is perhaps going to be a very good seller as it would be a totally new item.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme reissues are a pretty big deal. Hopefully they're building towards something significant for the 25th anniversary.

Are they doing well in Japan AFTER the movie?

With no sign of them offering Animated, and larger Classics/Universe toys only being offered in Hasbro packaging, i can't but help but wonder if they're slow to embrace anything that isn't specifically G1 related.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree - TakaraTomy must put put new reissues to "spice" things up. I believe they did a good job with Omega and Sky Lynx. They run the risk of stagnating the market if they keep giving us the same old reissues.

I'm not a TakaraTomy guy but I recall they were losing money as a company quite awhile back? The reason why they're using US packaging is to save cost.

Frankly, I don't blame TakaraTomy for sticking with G1 - especially since the last few lines like Cyberton didn't do so well for them. I recall Cyberton was so hyped that it actually made the covers of some Japanese toy magazines and in the end...let's just say that things got so bad that at one stage, some TF fans in Asia could get the exclusive Sonic Convey set for around USD$50-60?

An odd thing about the Japanese collectible toy market is that stuff from "20-30 years back" still hold massive appeal. For example, the best selling Gundam for all product lines is...the RX-78-2 (read this in an article) which is appeared decades years ago. The darn thing is that the the toy companies keep improving on these older toys. For example, the Master Grade kit for the RX was just released less than a month ago.

Other examples would be the Mazingers and various mecha in the SOC line or the Macross jets from Yamato.

I don't know if TakaraTomy will take the risk with Animated. As much as I am a fan of the series, the "style" doesn't suit the Japanese market. But one never knows though.

The toy collecting market is pretty competitive in Japan and TakaraTomy is competing against the likes of Bandai and Yamato. It doesn't help that the products that their competitors are putting up is pretty good. For example, the SOC line.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, they did annouce a lot of encore releases plus we have Masterpiece Thundercracker in November so they might be spreading out the encore around that release. Give them some time to work on the figure I mean they have been updating the reissue with some minor changes.

14. Yigal

Ebay:
    It should be special then, if there is another

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a reissue of Fort Max WITH the Pretender shell for Cerebros that came with Grand Max, as well as a reissue of Scorponok. If I can get Scorponok and Fort Max (with or without the pretender shell) out of the Encore line, then it will have done its job as far as I'm concerned :) 

16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Come on reissue Trypticon and Wheeljack!!