Any news of a new Shockwave toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Was there ever any news that we'd get a Shockwave toy for the WFC continuity or perhaps one designed using G1 style for RTS or Generations? I'm really dying for a decent Shockwave toy, does anyone else feel my pain?

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Only Shockwave we can expect is the DotM one right now.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    uh... the animated Shockwave toy was quite fun

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i agree with this

but i would really like to see a more g1 esque shockwave with a non vehicular altmode.

it really seems hasbro/tak might be testing the waters with thier legends megatron of making another gun based TF

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    If you check just a few posts below, you'll see that someone already started a thread on this very topic earlier today.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...79-generations-shockwave-will-we-get-one.html

6. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back when Universe 2.0 was on shelves I thought I remember something about a slight repaint of Energon Shockblast being put into Universe 2.0 packaging as a store exclusive. Obviously that never happened, so yeah either wait for DotM to come out or head to a local TJ Maxx/Marshells/Ross where there have been reports of Animated Voyagers being spotted. The Marshells near me has several Animated Shockwaves available.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'm kinda hoping we get 2 different Shockwave toys for the TF3 Toy line.
    the first toy a pre-earth/cybertron shockwave that looks exactly like the 1985 G-1 cartoon/toy of shockwave. The 2nd TF3 Shockwave toy having a earth styled alt mode.

8. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Well, I think that the remolded head in the instructions for RtS Lugnut that we saw about a week ago makes me think we might get Shockwave.

9. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, considering a lot of toy gun safety laws, I think Shockwave could be done rather nicely.

- He's not a realistic gun, so they can easily turn him into a unique "blaster".
    - He's predominantly purple, unlike Megatron who ran a more subdued color scheme.
    - The orange cap could integrate well, since Actionmaster Shockwave used orange as a highlight color.
    - Some states want toy guns to be see-through as well, and Shockwave in G1 and Energon had plenty of see-through parts. I wouldn't mind if they there was a nice balance of clear and opaque.

It'd be possible, I imagine, though not at current.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Terrorcon Blot brings up a TON of good points. Hasbro can release Nerf guns, and Classics Megatron was perfectly fine for release, so a big purple gun with hoses jutting off of it will be fine.

11. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a mass release of the Titanium Shockwave. Dang shame we never got him.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's as likely as my head flying off under its own power.

That doesn't look a thing like Shockwave, and IIRC from the thread the designer at the BotCon panel said it wasn't attached to a character yet (so definitely not Shockwave).

All true. But, as long as they nail the bot mode, I could care less about the alt mode. It's just retro silliness, I could take it or leave it.

A slavish copy of Shockwave basically won't happen for all the same reasons that a slavish copy of G1 Jetfire never happened. Takara has to put their own stamp on them with an original design to sell them in Japan.

In G1 stories, Shockwave can fly under his own power and needs a big weapon to show off his "EM emission power." I think that a superior "Classics style" design could easily pull off an alt mode that looks like it could do both of these things.

13. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not saying Hasbro -wants- to. I'm just saying a gun Shockwave is possible.

Heck, anything to retire ol' Shockblast and his non-entity alt modes.