Any new animations in the works?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by noob_collection, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

Aside from the TF: animated show (which I think is geared toward kids due to the new looks of the characters.)

Any new TF animated shows coming out?

How about a G1 show with a classics toy-line look.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    No... producing one show is expensive enough, they're not going to do more than one at a time... ever.

3. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

I didn't ask if the same person was doing another I asked if others were in the works.:rolleyes2 

4. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I haven't heard anything about anything else being in the works on this board or any of the others I lurk on. But your idea for a classics G1 show would be cool IMHO.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I might be wrong but:
    The Transformers show can only be officially made by one "person" at a time, so 2 can't be working on 2 different works at the same time, I think it'd be competing against itself

(badly worded, I know)

But I think that it's too early to be starting on another series, especially since Animated still hasn't debuted

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well there is Draven's project which may or may not ever be finished(kidding) But we are all eagerly waiting.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two tf shows at once? Never going to happen, because as stated above it'd be competing against itself.

Two sets of production costs for the show
    Two sets of costs to engineer and produce figures
    One audience that's going to buy them

That'd be pretty crappy for business. In fact, I can't think of a single long term intellectual property that has had 2 simultaneous shows running, without one being a spin-off of the other. Star Trek, Stargate, Highlander, Buffy/angel, Hercules/Xena all were spin-offs and used different sets of characters for those spin-off shows(or just had the characters part ways). The problem with transformers is, you'd have OP and Megs in one show, and then who in the other? And even if they went with different continuities/timelines, still by having the same characters you're making the franchise compete with itself.

Besides, the target demographic for transformers has ALWAYS been kids. There are for more kids screaming for their parents to buy them toys than there are collectors.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

(kinda redundant, don't ya think? When you think about it for all of two seconds, all Transformers is aimed towards kids, except BotCon and Classics 2.0)

And to answer the actual question: no. Their could not possibly be any development towards a new series when the next one hasn't come out yet. And by the time that one has finished, TF2 would be in production. So, to be safe, be patient until after June 26 2009. THEN ask questions about the next series ;) .

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I posted a thread awhile back about this but... I don't see why they can't do any direct to DVD movies. A classics/universe or a WWI Direct to DVD could only help sell the sublines...

Especially if Mainframe does em :) 

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Mainframe's too expensive. From what I understand, Animated is here to stay, until the next Movie. After that is anyone's guess.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude gives a decent answer and your uppity abt it? not like you explicitly mentioned the above. way to go, pal.

:rolleyes2 

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well to be fair, He's not just a Noob, he's an entire Noob COLLECTION!

13. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

No other show other then Animated. And Animated is aimed at the same exact audience as every other TF show ever, including G1. That's the point of making a 30 minute toy commercial, to sell toys to kids.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    After Aniamted TF2,after tF2 Who knows?

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, if Takara was still interested in making a new mainline for Japan, something to follow up Cybertron, which I know they aren't, would be the only way I could see two animations being worked on. That's not happening though, so, no. Anything is possible though, so I am not going to say anything will "never" happen.

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    What same person? I assume you meant 'production'. And in any case he didn't even say that!

He said that making one cartoon is already expensive and time-consuming enough for Hasbro, and since Animated is the Main Line (toyline they push hardest with a cartoon or movie to back it), they aren't going to run another cartoon at the same time.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Like everybody else is saying, Animated has yet to debut, so it might be a while before we hear anything about a new series.

Be nice if they do a revival of G1... at least, do a modern take of G1, using all the characters from G1.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    You mean....like Animated? ;) 

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Simple answer: NO

20. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I have to lean with the consensus here - we ain't ever gonna see more than one TF show at the same time.

Still, I wouldn't mind them doing DTVs, though, if they could figure out a way to do it akin to what DC is doing now with their animated stuff - where you can release a different adaptation of one of the stories from the comics and do each one in a stand-alone style/continuity. WW, Hearts of Steel and the more recent G.I. JOE/TF stories notwithstanding, I'd LOVE to see Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation in animated form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.