Any Movie Jazz fans happy to see Ironhide bite it too?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Hiphop, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I just like Jazz cause he seems like a pretty chill guy.

Crowbar, Crankcase, and countless other Protoforms. Helped kill Brawl I think, too.

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

No bacause I like both Jazz and Ironhide.

3. Autobot_Hiphop

Autobot_Hiphop Well-Known Member

Did he kill those Dreads? I gotta see it again. I thought they were still standing.

Now I'm really glad Ironhide got it! The Dreads Rocked!

4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    He and Sideswipe killed them.

5. Autobot_Hiphop

You're right. Ok Ironhide did bring his A game there.

6. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say I was happy about it by any means, but I do appreciate why they killed him.

This always happens whenever a series is ended...

When MTV's Spiderman ended
    Spidey killed Indy
    When Xmen ended
    they killed off Jean Grey, Scott Summers, Professor X (temporarily) & both Magneto and Mystique (temporarily) lost their powers...
    In Pirates of the Caribbean 3,
    whining Will became the new captain of the Flying Dutchman & left hottie Elizabeth to be a single mother, simply because he missed the dad he never knew
    And I believe it was in Nightmare on Elm Street 3 that
    Nancy died
    , but don't quote me on that...

It's like the writers are pissed they don't have any more work & so they screw up major plot points - which is a really crappy way to end a series.
    However, in this movie, it did at least set an uncomfortable tone that no one was safe & could die at any moment. And since Ironhide was a fan favorite - I was scared for the rest of the film that someone else was gonna die...

7. Autobot_Hiphop

Agreed. I see all of your points. Ironhide's death even made you fear for Bee. Well at least for a second.

Off Topic I hated X-men 3. That really felt like they were trashing the entire series! /rant off

For me, if it had just been Jazz dieing on the Autobot side it would have seemed unnecessarily unfair. Because...

1) he died without any fanfare or remembrance (is that a word? lol) and...

2) It would seem as though they just decided to kill off one random Autobot for whatever reason and all others were never in danger to die. Just doesn't seem realistic in full scale war with so much at stake and only one autobot dies.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I like to see the Autobots meeting their demises and not coming back, it adds a tone of maturity in the story [because, y'know, in real Wars, people die all the time, and never come back].

- Jazz's death was shocking.

- Jetfire's death was sad [he was so awesome, yet so little screen-time].

- Ironhide's death was a perfect end to Sentinel's Face Heel Turn, it's the Moral Event Horizon on Sentinel's betrayal, and added more depth and weigth to the movie.

- WheeljaQ's was heartwrenching: Poor guy, just trying to negotiate.

9. Autobot_Hiphop

Agreed. Made it feel more real.

10. crankcaseFTW

crankcaseFTW Well-Known Member

my favourite decepticons the dreads (as seen by the name) killed by ironhide i am happy, they are privileged

11. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

i love how your name makes it seem you made an account just to post this

12. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    IMO?

Jazz's death wasn't shocking. It was fitting. He went out fighting, but if you didn't see it coming when Megatron had him in his hands you probably needed a sign.

Jetfire's was almost noble, killing himself to give Prime the ability to beat the Fallen and Megatron, but he didn't have the character or screentime for me to give a crap. But that's RotF for you.

Ironhide's was the most shocking. I didn't see it coming, though I'd heard the rumors. Watching his body crumble away and his surprised reaction, Sentinel's line about "dismissing him from duty", that was a well done death.

As was Q-Jack's. He wasn't a fighter, he was support, handing out the weaponry and providing assistance. Opting to try and talk his way out of it only to be killed anyway had weight. That was the best chance he had to do anything to survive, and it was the only death that made me legitimately saddened.

13. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Not to be rude, but:
    [​IMG]

14. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

I totally agree with Overlord Balder and Spartan Prime. To be honest more Autobots should have died in this one than the last two, it really would've added more weight to the story.

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    If you read the novel, more Autobots die.

Mirage, Skids, Mudflap
    are the ones that don't appear in the movie.

16. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I thought Jazz's death was more random than shocking. I found it to be kinda...anti-climatic. Personally, it felt abrupt and that it didn't carry too much emotional weight to it, which is why it didn't resonate with me.

Jetfire's was an awesome character. Loved him. Again, and this is just my opinion, but for me I found it lacking in emotion. His death was completely overshadowed by the formation of JetfirePrime...and Jolt using his electro whips. ;P Not to mention it kinda came out of nowhere, for me at least.
    The way both Jazz and Jetfire died were indeed sad, but it didn't translate that way on the silver screen IMO. Both felt rushed to me, and the way the movie continued to breeze along after their deaths spoiled the chance to linger on their deaths for emotional weight.

Each to their own but, eh? :) 

I agree with you on the last two by the way. Spot on the way you described them. Strikes a chord every time I watch Quejack's death and the way Ironhide just melts away.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I found Jazz's death shocking because I wasn't expecting him to die so brutally, I mean, see Jazz falling to gunfire in such a "unworthy" way was shocking, because of the same reasons you described: It wasn't a heroic demise, it was a brutal and abrupt death.

Makes me think of Last Stand of the Wreckers: "A story about people dying in stupid, pointless ways."

18. PuppyBonez

PuppyBonez Bee-Otch

I am still mourning Ironhide. I did not see it coming though I was blindsided by Sentinels betrayal. I had been so excited to see Sentinel and Optimus fighting alongside each other that I totally did not pick up on the ques that where obvious the second time I watched it.

I thought he would perhaps be killed off this time around but I thought he would go down fighting. It seems wrong to me that he was shot in the back by a bot who was supposed to be his ally. To pretty much literally be back stabbed. It was shocking and tragic and I broke my heart.

It didn't bring any closure or redemption to Jazz's death and as much as I love Jazz, loosing Ironhide hurt most. Jazz was awesome, but we didnt get a chance to really get attached to him.

If you play DOTM Ironhide has some great lines <3

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    At least Jazz went down facing the most fearsome Con Leader, not stabbed in the back. Not really a fight though, Megs simply ripped Jazz in halves. But the camera was from a distance, less details so it didn't feel as brutal. No comparison to close up of Ironhide rusted to head. Jazz sort of got his whole body left.
    It's bad to see Jazz go, but not as sad as Ironhide's death, to me.

20. streetracerX

streetracerX Active Member

You're happy that Ironhide bought it? You must've been quite displeased when Starscream and Megatron bought it. Decepticon! LOL!!!