Any MOTU 200X fans?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by NSP, Feb 2, 2010.

1. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I only got Trap Jaw in early January and already he's one of my favorite toy sculpts ever. :bay  MOTUC Trap Jaw looks really goofy in comparison IMO.
    [​IMG]

Skeletor was my previous favorite 200X sculpt.
    [​IMG]

I love the little details on guys like Beast Man, Man at Arms, Whiplash and Buzz Off. That's what made this line for me. It's like you discover something new each time you look at them. :) 

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I love the line, and am about 90% through completing a MOC set, including exclusives.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm talking about the regular "articulated" figures, not the stactions. And yes Sky Strike Stratos is better than regular Stratos. I already explained why - SS Stratos has the regular shoulder joints, while regular Stratos has a stupid gimmick where his arms flap up and down, so you can't pose his arms at all, basicly restricting him to only one standing pose.

[​IMG]

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
  5. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What are people's thoughts on Two Bad from this toyline? Any good?

6. askani_son318

askani_son318 Well-Known Member

I love Two Bad.. I didn't care for him in the package but once I opened him I loved it.

7. askani_son318

askani_son318 Well-Known Member

I'll post some pics of my collection a lil later! :D  I like sharing ;D

8. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be great! The tricky thing with this line is that it seems like it came out back before there were people who took decent/thorough pictures of figures, so it's hard to get a good look at a lot of these, and I'm trying to get my head around which ones I'd be interested in. Looking forward to the pics!

9. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Am I a 200x fan?
    Lets see.. *stares at shelf*
    I believe I am :D 

I bought the dvd boxset of the 200x series last fall. Easily one of the best modern cartoons I have ever seen, such a shame it was cancelled half way through season two :( 

As for the toys.. I actually started with one of the rare figures, Snake Armor He-Man.. and what a figure he is!
    The collection has grown at a frightening rate!
    I have a total of 31 figures now :drunk 

I still need a few figures to finish my collection of characters who would show up in the series;

Prince Adam, Moss-Man, Evil-Lyn, Panthor and General Rattlor. (not counting the Neca Stactions)
    Oh well, hopefully soon!

Im afraid I aint able to share pictures of my collection, since my camera lacks batteries :( 

This.
    The Sky Claw Stratos have the articulated shoulders too, just in case :) 
    Its a nice version, and the colours matched his new green outfit in the unproduced episode 40; Captured.

Snake Armor He-Man, Prince Adam, Teela and Evil-Lyn is indeed up there.

10. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Too Bad is actually pretty cool, especially when you consider how bad the original figure was. Gotta love the Horsemen :bowdown: 

Here's a pic of my collection as it currently stands:
    [​IMG]

11. badlander86

badlander86 Expendable Tactician

I never understood why the 200X series got labelled as the "Anime-inspired" He-Man.

Sure the animation style was pretty different but it was nothing like anime. If anything the MYP He-Man series was a precursor to the standard of modern Western animation design that you see on shows like X-Men Evolution, Young Justice and several other series.

I...own none of these toys sadly. Which is why I hope against all hope that we see a representation of young Evil Lyn in MOTUC. If there was 1 figure I wanted it would probably be a toss-up between Trap-Jaw or Teela.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I was a fan of the cartoon series, and the toys.

But the line died, and they all went into storage. I took a picture before the lid closed though...

[​IMG]

Underneath all that is another layer with Battlecat, Purple flocked cat guy and a box with all the accessories! I've also got the Castle Greyskull from the line, but will soon be selling the Dragon Walker and flying eagle thing and bad guy equivalent.

In there are Evil Lyn, Teela, Snake Armour He-man and Prince Adam... I pretty much religously went to TRU and Woolworths practically once a day to check for new MOTU, although, of all that only Teela is American. All the rest are UK.

When the line died I didn't go for the statues or anything that followed, I thought they were too expensive for what were essentially crappier action figures.

But yeah, I loved these... I didn't know there was a boxset... might buy it next month.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  13. Transquito

^
    *shakes fist*
    There's quite a few rarebies in that bunch!

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I really liked the grizzlor that came out in the stactions. They had some really greast designs with those figures. I don't know why, but at the time, I didn't really like the cartoon or watch it really. Looking back, it's really a shame it didn't last longer.

15. Transquito

Blame the overstocking of He-Man and Skeletor figures :( 
    And from what I can understand Cartoon Network didnt handle the show schedual very well either?

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here dude! Initially, I would check out the comic book stores as the initial waves did not make it to main retailers in my country.

Subsequently, when they were released country/island wide I would visit the stores almost on a daily basis! LOL!

Finding a new figure was a real kick! I recall finding Prince Adam and King Hiss at retail.

For me, if the 200X line didn't fail and continued into the Horde, I would have probably given Classics a miss...well, maybe! LOL!

I didn't get into the statutes because I prefer action figures i.e. the latter is more durable and have articulation.

I'm not certain but I recall reading somewhere that it was give a "good" timeslot but somehow the viewership numbers could not pick up so sadly, the line was cancelled.

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    The first fig I got was the Birth of Skeletor Keldor. The sculpt is decent, but the articulation sucks. I just got He-Man, Adam, Mer-Man, and regular Skeletor. I find myself only liking the "creature" inspired figures in this line. The "human" characters are seriously weak. He-Man and Adam straight-up suck. As with the Burning Keldor, the articulation blows in this line. They are mostly contorted into top-heavy shelf-divers. I really only got those last 4 because of the action chips for my 200X Castle Grayskull.

Overall, I'm glad Mattel moved away from this and onto Classics.

18. Transquito

I agree that the articulation could be better.
    But tell me; Can you name another toyline from 2002 with these amounts of insane details? And I mean actual toys, not adult collectibles.

19. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought the line was pretty cool, bought some, sold em on though, i did especially like whiplash, thats a great sculpt, compared to classics though they do look a bit lacklustre (ignoring the stilll excellent sculpts). i still have ram man, man at arms and a broken mekaneck if only because i couldnt sell them!!

20. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So from the sounds of how the articulation is, is it safe to assume each figure only has one decent pose you can get out of it?