Any MOTU 200X fans?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by NSP, Feb 2, 2010.

1. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Any fans here of the Masters Of the Universe 200x toy-line that was released in 2002? Im thinking about getting a complete loose set of every retail figure made from thsi series. Im getting a pretty good deal. They were sculpted by none other than The Four Horseman! What do you all think??

NSP

2. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
  3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a few of the figures, but I sold them off a few years ago. My biggest complaint was the lack of elbow joints and knee joints in the figures. All they could really do is stand there.

4. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
  5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a few figures I may be selling in the near future. They are still sealed on cards too. Cards have some dents and dings on the corners. That's just how I bought them. Meant to be as spares, but I really don't think I need them. I have to look through the box and see which ones they are.

6. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Ya I will prolly need STRATOS and MERMAN both NON-variants.

I think these figures have great sculpting. Ya theres no poseability....but as far as display...they look great!

7. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I love the 200X figures. I only got four of them when they were new but the hubbub over the MOTUC figures inspired me to take another look at them. I've been hitting ebay over the last few months and now my collection is up to 14. The sculpting on them is just mindblowing, especially Trap Jaw and Skeletor.

8. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Ya I really liked the cartoon....and the sculpting on these figures is great! Like you said....Trap-Jaw is my favorite.

9. Sportimus

News Credits:
    They were brilliant with Trap-Jaw. And Tri-Klops looks great too. The best He-Man was Ice Armor He-Man. He looks bad ass with the way they pre-posed him. No hunch-back like the regular 200X He-Man.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    That is cool. When I was a kid, most action figures couldn't even stand by themselves.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the question is pretty good to warrant its own topic - especially since the above thread get moved pretty fast - so fast that good points on this now discontinued line may be lost.

Were there Stratos and Merman variants in the line?! Anyway, I won't regard this line as none posable - that honor belong to the later Spawn "toys".

At least in this series, all 4 limbs and the head move (can't recall about the waist though).

Yup, I so regret not picking up Ice Armor He-man. The sculpt makes him look so bad ass! Like the "fur-like" coat. Gives him the barbarian look!

12. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Yes there were several repaints in the line. Merman had a variant repaint along with Stratos.

13. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Does anyone think this line still holds its own....even with the new MOTU Classics line out?

14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i enjoyed this line though did eventually sell just about all of them save original skeletor and man at arms.

At the time i did like the way the designs were updated but now when i look at the classics i find they look almost too extreme. Its cool that the 2002 line used unique sculpts for each figure whereas the classics reuses parts like the original series. Overall though when you put a 2002 figure next to a classics they do look more toyish and somewhat cheaper (which is exactly what they are of course) still the line was a real toyline for kids with gimmicks and working parts and the vehicles were pretty cool too. also a lot of imagination in the designs. Nice the four horsemen continued the look with the stactions but right now it seems that for most, including me its the classics that hold my interest.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NSP - IMO the 200X line does indeed hold out on its own. The designs as microclone points out can be extreme or "stylized". It does feel "cheaper" also due to the type of plastic used.

I'm into the cyrrent MOTU Classic figures because I'm a fan of the 80s series and grew up with them. The new line is simply an "update" to the 80s line with better sculpt, articulation and bigger in scale.

16. Sportimus

News Credits:
    QFT

I can not remember if Stratos got a variant in the 200X series, unless he was redeco'd with Snake-Men armor of some kind? As for Mer-Man, yeah, he got redeco'd. The original one had a solid yellow/goldish chest piece, while the repaint also had it, but with added green in the center. Personally, I think the redeco with the added green makes him look more interesting.

I think this was the original 200X version:

[​IMG]

And this is one of the repaints (which I think looks better for some reason. Opinions will vary):

[​IMG]

Yes, waist moves. Some are spring loaded like the originals. How many, I can't remember.

I sure hope they make a version of him in the MOTUC line eventually. He's a lot better looking than the Battle Armor variant they sold last month.

17. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stratos had a 'sky strike' version.

18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I still have the 200x Greyskull with many figures fighting each other on top or infront of it.. I even have the SDCC She-Ra, and most of the early waves including Teela and Evil-lyn. I even have Orko. I didn't get any of the he-man or skeletor varients. The show was good and I actually liked it better than the 80's series I grew up with(except for the opening 80's opening ruled)

19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've got a pretty big collection of these and the non-posable "statues" that were put out. I think they're awesome, and it's because of the design. I don't want the same design in my figures but with more posability, which is what the motu classics line is.

it's the same reason why I didn't get too much into the 25th anniversary gi joe line. I want fresh, new designs, which is what the 200x line did, as well as transformers' classics line. what's nice, though, is that for the new motu line they are referencing some 200x designs, like moss man and stratos.

20. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:

Ya I liked the 2002 cartoon series better than the 80's series too! :)