Any more in the Masterpiece series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 2punish&enslave, May 27, 2010.

1. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    My first post here. Woo hoo! I love the Masterpiece line and was wondering if you guys had any inside scoop as to whether or not the line was going to continue and, if so, what is to come out next? Also, do you know if there is going to be a US release of Thundercracker? I hate to pay over $100 now if I can wait and get him for $30 later.

2. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

grimlock is nxt

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    US Thundercracker hasn't been announced yet but I'm sure that question will be asked next month at BotCon if Hasbro doesn't announce it 1st. I think it's in the realm of possibility. As for rumored pieces, the next one up is rumored to be Rodimus. The 1st rumors were from a few years back but I wouldn't be surprised if TakaraTomy was working on one for this year or next. Rodimus is popular in Japan.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We'll get Thundercracker in the US eventually. I'm more worried that Hasbro won't ever release Sunstorm and Acid Storm versions of the mold.

5. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

right now, as for us/north america, its gonna be grimlock.

for japan, its sleep convoy and then rumors of rodimus prime.

i think tc will get a us release, not just this year yet.

6. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    Rodimus eh. Meh. Never been a big fan of his. I really wish they'd make armor for the Ultra Magnus. He looks naked without it.

Thus far I have Optimus with trailer, Starscream (US and Japanese), Skywarp, Megatron, and Grimlock. I've recently picked up boxed Binaltechs of Mirage who was always my favorite Autobot car, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, and Bluestreak. I want to pick up more. I want Sunstreaker, Jazz, Hound, and Prowl for sure. I'll have to see after that. I haven't collected anything in a long time. I miss "the chase" and I've always loved Transformers. I won't spend nearly as much as I used to though. I'm married now and have a house so I guess I have to pretend to be responsible and stuff...kinda. lol

I was dissapointed to see that the Alternity figures are only 1/32 scale instead of 1/24 scale. I may still pick up Bumblebee and Cliffjumper though since they would be smaller than my others just like in G1.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Alternity BB and CJ are pretty cool...the other Alternity releases haven't looked that great IMO.

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I've got the Hasbro releases of the seekers thus far.

Megatron and Optimus Prime aren't characters that I like that much, so I've not shelled out.

I could go for a Hot Rod.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We haven't heard any news so the line is dead, just like Encore. LOL J/K

I seriously hope we get Thundercracker here in the USA next year, but this year it's Grimlock...I hope Japan gives us either 'Bee or Hot Rod. We need some new Autobots.

10. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I'd really dig deep in the wallet for a good MP Galvatron. Not that it's likely in my lifetime.

11. Nightwarp

Nightwarp Mini-me

I'd love to see a US Thundercracker. I'd also like to see Rodimus, if he looks good, I would add him to the collection. I'm really holding out for MP Skyfire...

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are still 4 or 5 MP Skywarps left at my Walmart that they refuse to drop the price on. i won't pay 60 for him.

i am thinking that at my WM, ThunderCracker will find himself talking to Skywarp about his lengthy shelf warming career, lol.

i want the MP Grimmy, but he isn't at the top of my shopping list, so if i can't find something else on my list, i'll get him.