Customs: Any Mods To Make Movie CJ Less... creepy?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I got one at WalMart and the face is creeping me out a little. Any Ideas on what can be done to take the creepy factor out of it?

I thought about adding Classics style horns on it or something, but that with the red 'skull' face would probably give some people nightmares

2. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    lol I know what you mean. I started by giving it some silver paint in the right spots. Gonna give it some black in places and detail it up a bit.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah really!

I don't know why, but Cliffjumper's face manages to be even creepier and... skullier than Bumblebee's. Maybe a silver coat over the face might help?

Or glue a scored and painted piece of styrene over the... ugh... mouthparts? That way it could look like a classic TF mouthplate, and minimize the red skull effect.

Or you could dremel out the face area, and glue in a face from another toy... like say, the face piece from an old Jumpstarter or something.

Or just replace the head with something else, of course. :) 

zmog

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh, yeah. When I first saw pics of CJ, he immediately reminded me of Marvel's Red Skull...

5. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Yeah, he TOTALLY looks like a skull. :( 
    I've thought that since day 1....and I've been looking for something to stick in place of his ugly mug. Right now, I'm considering butchering an "Action Masters" Blaster and using his head -- it's just the right size and almost the right color... plus it would make a pretty decent start on a Blaster movie custom...

6. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Ya know I was thinking the same thing.

7. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I dont even know why Iam gonna say it cause I already know the answer sort of. What the hell were they thinking? Which brings me back to my first point, I already sort of know. It is a tad scary but gotta skimp here and there, hell we're used to it by now! :) 

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah... that BB head is a true WTF. Take the child-friendly autobot and give him a skully-gasmask head. Go figure.

Interesting thing about that BB head design is that with a different face, it actually makes for a pretty good G1-style helmet.

Here's a digital test shot I made for putting a new face on that head:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/realmonkey/arcee%20custom%20project/arcee-bbhead1.jpg

This one was for Arcee, but I'm thinking that the head would make a really good Hot Rod... much more G1-looking than the Rodimus head design we've been getting lately with the yellow crest on it (which Hot Rod never actually had).

zmog

9. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Nice work! You're right thats way better.

10. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Paint the Face sliver with a black wash.

I also folded the doors down along the back and left the two chest pannels down to distingush him from BB.