Any metalheads around here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Behem0th, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Behem0th

Behem0th Real men listen to thrash

I'm new to these parts, but aside from Transformers and video games, my great love is heavy metal and I was just wondering if anyone else is a headbanger around here?

A little about my tastes:

I love all styles (except anything with -core attached to it), but my favorites are thrash, power, speed, & traditional.

My favorite bands are Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Bolt Thrower, Manilla Road, and Overkill.

Current bands I am in to are Manticora, Stormwarrior, Wuthering Heights, and Sauron.

And of course, a staple of the metalhead is the concert. My last show was Destruction in Brooklyn, my next will be 1349/Goatwhore/Averse Sefira (mainly for Averse Sefira) in NYC.

So who else heard Black Sabbath when they were 12 and have been hooked since?

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

There's a decent group of metalheads here. If you scroll back a page or two there was a topic on "Best Metal Song Ever." Also, welcome aboard.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    :rock 

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Welcome

I'm a metalhead. I heard Metallica's One when I was 14 and have been hooked ever since. I'd have to say that my favorite band is Black Label Society. Can't beat Zakk Wilde. I saw then at the 2001 Ozzfest in Pittsburgh and I was blown away. Just to list a few artists in my cd case; Slayer, Soilwork, Inflames, and Children of Bodom.

5. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

we're around, u just gotta find us:rock 

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    You have good taste there!

I'm going to get tickets to Belgium's Graspop festival this year (wanted to go to Wacken but dates clashed with something else) and the highlight for me will be seeing Black Label followed by Ozzy headlining the Sunday night! WOOP WOOP WOOP

7. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I was a huge fan of BLS for the longest time..I was signed up at all the forums too. Zakk just seems in a rut with his recet efforts. But its cool to see another fan =)

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    My personal favorite is Manowar. I like most of the classic stuff, too. Also, Dethklok rocks.

9. Starscream

Starscream Massive

Gorguts - Obscura

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, their latest album "Shot to Hell", I'm not too impressed with. But I really love "Mafia"

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hell, I was concieved to Black Sabbath.

But lately I've been more into industrial.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    gotta love the metal

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    im more of a hardcore/metalcore kid.....but i love it all....check out my sig if you wanna find something new...most of its not metal, but horse and dillinger escape plan are....

14. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are actually several metal threads lately running 5+ pages long...and it makes me happy. :D 

I pretty much live and breathe metal of all sub-genres. I listen to classic metal (Priest, Maiden, Dio, Manowar etc), Power metal (Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Dragonforce, 3 inches of blood etc), Death/Black metal (Rotting Christ, Amon Amarth, Anaal Nathrakh, Samael, Opeth, Dimmu etc) Folk metal (Moonsorrow, Finntroll, haggard etc), and even some hair metal when the mood strikes me.

Basically if it's metal, I'm into it. The only exception would be the majority of the nu-metal movement. New wave of american heavy metal (lamb of god, killswitch engage, etc) stomps all over nu, imo. ;) 

Welcome aboard!

-D

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Imagine that. A board dedicated to a brand of toys that gained popularity in the eighties being inhabited by a bunch of metal heads? Whodda thunk it?

Yeah, I'm right there with ya.

My last two concerts were Disturbed. They seem to be the top of the heap as far as newer metal goes that fits with my personal vibe. But I like a LOT of other stuff too. Pretty much if it rocks and doesn't feel like it's trying to fit the trend, I dig it.

16. Behem0th

Behem0th Real men listen to thrash

It's pretty cool that there's a good population of metalheads here, and even cooler that some people listen to folk metal :rock 

I'm really not in to most of the modern Headbanger's Ball metal though. I've had to sit through a number of metalcore bands live and just can't stomach the constant breakdowns and rejected Swedish guitar melodies.

I do like Mastodon though. For a modern, well known metal band, they write good stuff.

17. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I've always really liked the album Roots by Sepultura, probably my favorite metal album. The album Master of Puppets got me interested in metal.

18. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Yea same here, I'm a big metal fan. Id have to say above all my favorte band is "ArchEnemy"....and I tihnk my favorite cartoon metal band would be "DethKlok" Sweetness ^^

19. SixEleven77

SixEleven77 Well-Known Member

Yes I am. Favorite Genres are Black Metal, Death Metal, Melodic, Thrash, Doom, Stoner, the list goes on. Some of my favorite bands are Sarcofago, Tankard, Crebain, Darkthrone, Mayhem (De Mysteriis era), Beherit, Von, Opeth, Venom, Sodom, Dew Scented, At The Gates, In Flames (Older era), Dopethrone, Attomica,
    Korzus, Krieg, Judas Iscariot, the list goes on and on and on.... I could sit here and type for at least 30 or 40 more minutes worth.

20. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i love metal, but i feel disconnected from it lately. i cant really get into the stuff thats popular. like trivium, mastodon, dragon force, and so on, just don't really dig it. still love the old stuff (and by old stuff, i mean 2002).