Any Marines out there??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jon, Dec 4, 2006.

1. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey ive been a long time member of this fourm but i rarely post and im going into the Marines this January and i'm excited about it. i just wanted to know if there were any Marines on the board. I wanted to hear what they all think or thought of the corps and such. alright thanks!

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I'm not a marine but I admire you and thank you for serving.
    Wish you luck and hope the best for you. Safe trip on your tours.

3. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I'm going army, not marine. I'm not badass enough for that.

4. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well i think everyone has to have a certain amount of baddass in them to serve in any service so congragulations to you!

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    My cousin was a Sniper for the Marines.

Good luck to you! I know I don't have the balls to sign up for military service, but I greatly admire those that do.

6. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm not a Marine (can't serve due to physical limitations--diabetes, for one), but I do have 2 nephews in. One of them graduates from Basic Training in Paris Island Jan. 4. Looks like I'll be making a trip to South Carolina then! :D  The other one just got through with his advanced training in San Diego and is now being stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina this week.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Not in any of the Armed Services myself, but most of my family has been in (some making careers of it). Just wanted to wish you luck, and hope you stay safe.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Army, Afghanistan in '03 and Iraq in '05. Back in school now so when I go back for a career I'll be an officer. It's not for everyone, but I fuckin' love it. Kind of a family thing, too--Dad was career, 29 years. Lil' brother is halfway through medical school at Bethesda, he'll be a Navy doctor but he plans on going green-side and taking care of jarheads. Lil'er brother is a junior at U Mich, contracted last year and hoping to be JAG for the Army.

All the 'this service kicks this service's ass' is just healthy competition. Challenging yourself to outperform someone else makes you better--and it works like that from squads up to entire services.

That being said, Marines and soldiers do all the real work. The Navy and the AF are just kind enough to give us rides there. :)