any ironman movie figures coming?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ssjautobot, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    i was wondering if there were any ironman movie figures coming? and if so, are there any pics? because i would like the two giant gray armor versions of ironman in toy form

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The movie doesn't come out till may so we probably won't see the prototypes till December/January. I'm hoping medicom or hot toys does a version of the armor.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'd say for sure...

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    It's almost a given, but I really, really, REALLY hope Hasbro doesn't decide to skip an Iron Man toyline based on the craptastrophy of the Spider Man 3 line. Having seen the trailer before RE4 I have to say I already want toys for this film.

5. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    From the trailer, it looks like an almost "can't-miss" as far as performance at the theater. A LOT of people(obviously myself included) have been waiting a LONG time for this flick.

6. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i blame spidey for me not finding my tf's.i've been told that my local stores are unable to accept and/or shelve tf stuff as it comes in because there's so much spidey crap still not selling.
    i'd check somewhere like entertainment earth for ironman,because they post the listings as they get them for preorders.
    also,i believe you meant re3,right?

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Do we know who has the toy license? I assume it's Hasbro, but I didn't think it was a given. If it is, I hope they learned some lessons from SM3 and FF4 and skip the 5" nonsense. I don't think it was just collectors that found the 5" toys undesirable.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:

HA! Yes, RE3. I was looking at RE4 (game) action figures right before posting that comment. D'oh!

HOPEFULLY, Hasbro will look at the TF movie toy fustercluck and be prepared for the demand. My concern with Iron Man is that it's another Marvel movie so they may give it a 'guilty by association' verdict since Spiderman was Marvel. Another fear is that even if they DO do an Iron Man line, it could be as crap as the majority of the Spiderman 3 line.

9. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Why would Marvel give the line to Hasbro when Avi Arad and the gang just kickstarted Marvel Toys? I'd think Marvel would handle it, but if not, I hope McFarlane Toys gets a crack. I bet Robert's face would be spot-on with Todd's people's sculpts.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm assuming that like the upcoming Hulk waves, the Iron man toys will be comic book based not movie based.

Of course I could be wrong about that.:lol 

11. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Doesn't Hasbro hold the 'master license' to produce Marvel-based toys? That's the irony of Marvel Toys - they can't make any Marvel characters into toys. I'd MUCH rather see them handle Iron Man than Hasbro, but it aint happening. :( 

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Depending on how they look, and how available they are, I'll probably pick up at least one Iron Man action figure. He can join the Venom figure from SM3 and the Batman figure I still have from years ago, lol. I might pick up some other super heroes/villains to go along with him.

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Its a non-exclusive contract from jan 07 till dec 11.

But Toy Biz made Spiderman figures and Marvel Toys did FF stuff, so since the movie is depicting the comics, Marvel will surely release 'comic based' figs that will be the similar but with comic logos on the package. They always find the loopholes. But i think McFarlane would be better than either.