Any inkling when Hasbro will show off their... (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by dare, May 22, 2008.

1. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... Starscream repaints?

We all KNOW it's coming.

I'm itching because I've been holding off on getting a Starscream. He's possibly my favourite character from the show (Tom Kenny is the new Chris Latta!) but I HATE that inaccurate blue tone the first toy is using.

I need to know when to decide to screw it all and break out the paints.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Hey. spoiler topic title.

THANKS.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Dude, there's nothing in that title to spoil. Hasbro ALWAYS does a repaint of the Starscream mold. Hell, there's nothing in the POST that spoils anything.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    A repaint, yes, but repaints?

I heard that there was a big starscream spoiler floating around (that I've been trying to dodge) and I assume this is tied to it.

if it's not, then I apologize, and apologize for making an ass out of myself as well.

I exit now.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, we know there's a Skywarp repaint coming, and we can hope for Thundercracker from that info. That's two right there I can think of without spoiling anything from the show.

And sorry if I came on too strong in that first post. Re-reading it makes it look angrier than I'd intended.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Kickback? You there, man?

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Topic title fixed, to protect those avoiding spoilers :) 

I think we'll be seeing Skywarp soon, he's in Voyager Wave 4 or something right after Lugnut's assortment. I'm not sure about the other repaints - and I for one do not rate Thundercracker's chances since the original Starscream is already close to his colours.

8. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    TC has greys and blacks in place of the maroon SS has. And Hasbro could still use a more cobalt shade of blue to separate the two. It could happen, is all i'm saying.

Personally, i think Animated SS looks more like movie TC than animated TC.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Between the Voyager and the Activators molds, there's plenty of repaint opportunity, as long as they avoid repeating much between size classes.

Starscream's toy colors don't bother me - it's just based closer to his 'night colors'. The darker look works IMO.

10. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Well ill honestly be dissapointed if we get a more 'accurate' SS repaint id far rather get TC, Sunstrorm and Ramjet type repaints.

11. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wish they would have molded a conehead shape opposed to simply having a white head on the ramjet guy.

Since the head is made of the clear plastic that shares a sprue with the guns it doesn't feel like it would take a whole new mold to make a unique head.

If they didn't intend to make toys of all the figs, they could have easily drawn his head with a point because they don't need to care abut true transformations so maybe it is an indication they plan to release all of them in some capacity?

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    That's what I'm thinking, too. Particularly if Animated does stretch out to 2011 if it gets a 4th season, I could easily see Hasbro releasing all those repaints using either the Voyager mold and/or the Activator mold.

13. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'm on a promise not to buy mutiple paints of the same mold, and I've been holding back on voyager SS because you could smell alternative paint jobs six months ago.

So... for me it's either Sunstorm or show-accurate grey & red.

If you could only have one paint scheme for the mold, what'd you go for?

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ramjet color, because it looks awesome.

15. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    The original one would have sufficed. Alternatively, i think TC's colors would have added some variety to the Animated Con lineup, while sticking to the same overall tones of purple/grey most of the other cons have.

16. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I'm also refrain from getting the current Screamer, and waiting for his G1-repaint, or maybe with Skywarp and Thundercracker ones.

17. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I am not getting Starscream im waiting for Skywarp or Ramjet or Sunstorm

18. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

A little off topic, but sence we're discussing alternate color palates, can we get an Animated Prowl in G1 colors?

I'm half tempted to pick up an extra when he's released and have at him with a white paint marker.

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They showed TC and Skywarp colors on character art during one of the BotCon panels. From what Aaron Archer said, I got a pretty strong impression that TC would be made in some sort of toy form.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that's what I've heard from some friends that went too... and we've got confirmation from a store computer that Skywarp is definitely being released first.

Also, it's really not that hard to imagine this happening given that if the show gets a fourth season (and they're discussing going longer than that as they've stated it'll continue as long as it's profitable) the toyline will most likely be pushed into late 2010 to early 2011. That gives them another two years at least (or more as Kickback stated in another thread about this that they wanted the line to run for some four years I believe) to sneak Seeker repaints in there. Though, I'm thinking Skywarp & Thundercracker will be the first two we get... though I won't state my speculation on why that is because I know everyone hasn't watched the spoilers for A Bridge Too Close Pt 2. Ramjet & Sunstorm will either come later IMPO or will get Activators repaints (which I will grudgingly buy though I'm not fond of those little things). I'm hoping the female seeker design (given that it has a noticeably different body type) gets a new deluxe mold.