Customs: Any info on this alt Prime leg mod

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, May 27, 2009.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
  3. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

thats not quite it. that was the leg extension, but Im looking for a thread that will show the cut-away. the thread I did find had dead links for the pix

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I suggest you re-check that leg extension tutorial(s) thread ;) 

5. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Now come on Rod you mean to tell us that you need a tutorial to help you out....

Just take the leg apart and look it over.

You see where the top of the rectangular piece at the end of Primes leg hits. Just cut right above that area, and if you look at his leg carefully there is actually a line like seam that you can follow between the 2 rounded ares on his leg.

Just follow that line, at least thats what I do. Then just keep cutting around till you run out of leg area.

Do this to both legs, It'll look like you cut out a square section when your done.
    You might also want to cut that knee cap piece on his leg too, so the leg shows better. Just cut it right above the hinge part so it can still plug back into Primes leg.

Then just put them back together, you will have two extra screws left over when your done so don't get scared that you missed where to put them. They go into the section you just cut off.

Then just glue his "Knee Caps" parts back to Primes leg above the hinge area.

You don't even need a Dremial for this leg mod and I wouldn't recomand it ethier. Just pop out a hoppy knife and start cutting. It's really a pretty easy mod I've done it to all 4 of my Alt Primes and I don't, think I ever need a tutorial to help me out.

I've seen this mod done, I think on a lot of Alt Primes on here and just tried it out for myself. Good luck, and happy modding!

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    all that was typed up with accompanying pictures in the aforementioned (and linked) tutorial thread bud.