Any info on IMAX/regular cut differences

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Solid Alexei, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    I've watched the film in the standard theatrical release but I was wandering which scenes have extended cuts and such? anyone here who watched both IMAX and a regular versions yet?

cheers

2. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

i saw normal on thursday imax yesterday and i found it really really hard to see any differences , considering theres supposed to be 8 minutes of extra action. from what i could tell there is more of prime being ganged up on by the dcons in the forrest including more clarity on the hooks to the face, and also when rampage pulls up to threaten sam ravage is on top of the vehicle mode. id have to watcha few more times though because theres so much going on in some parts. And if anyone moans about spoilers, bwahaha you should have thought that the thread would contain them considering the subject matter.

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    how could there be any more clarity on the hooks on the face? they were in bay-slowmo(tm) in the normal version already.

4. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    Yeah thats what I thought.. did you notice in the theatrical version of the film when they drive into the forest you can see Sam and Michaela sitting inside Bumblebee car mode, then the next scene shows Optimus transforming to stop Megatron while screaming "Hide Same" and you see Sam already in the forest running away... I thought that maybe there would be extra scenes inbetween. also just after when Optimus owns all three bots the next scene shows him kneeling on the ground while hi was standing and kickin' ass just a second ago.. so there must be some extra scene there showing Optimus being owned just before being impaled.

ow the Revage was on Rampage vehicle in the normal theatrical scene as well...

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    From what I've heard the IMAX cut is like..half a minute longer than the normal cut.

6. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Was there that scene with Chromia hitting Sideways or is that still in the theatrical version as well?

7. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

im just going from memory of seeing it once. im not a computer. to me the hooks in face seemed extended because you saw prime jump from behind and wrap the hooks around but as i say im not a computer. just what i recall. to be honest i wouldnt be surrised if there was about 10 seconds of extra footage.

8. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits: