Any Indication that Sideswipe won't just Roll?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been looking at the awesome new renders of SW, and while I don't mind him being a wheel bot, I did wonder how that would be portrayed if he was just standing and having a conversation. Has anyone noticed any indication in his foot design to suggest that those wheels may roll back into his leg and allow for regular walking?

2. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the deluxe toy has feet, however i think its only exclusive to the toy. Theirs no sign that feet pop out but we still have to wait and see :p 

3. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

i think he'll have control over it enough to walk if he wants to just walk.

4. the loupe

the loupe Active Member

I'm sure he'd be able clamp down on them and stop them from rolling - they're part of his body, not rollerskates. Whether or not he actually does in the movie is another story... but skating is a much more complicated series of movements than walking to animate. Make of that what you will.

Of course, it wouldn't be anything new. Jazz had heelies, and Bonecrusher had wheels for feet. It's simply more overt this time.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If you're going to have wheeled feet naturally, then best guess is you're gonna have proper balance and whatnot to be able to stand on them. I think he's covered.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I wan't expecting him to be wobbling around like a clutz when he's standing still, but thought it might look awkward for such a badass-looking character. He would still be proportionate without the wheels (his legs wouldn't be to short), so I do hope he has the options.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    He'll be wheeling back and forth on the spot like a guy on a unicycle. :) 

8. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Ever heard of brakes? I would think that if he wanted to walk, all he'd have to do is apply the brakes on his feet and the wheels wouldn't move. Also, if you remember Bonecrusher had wheels, but when he jumped onto Optimus, claws came over the wheels to give him traction to jump. Nothing says Sideswipe can't have a similar effect.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm thinking he'll have the same kind of stance as someone wearing a pair of roller blades.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I've heard of breaks, and you seriously think that a guy walking on bouncy wheels with the break applied would be taken seriously? Hehehe. The Boncrusher example is what I was wondering, because you never really see him walk. Like Chuck Norris, Bonecrusher never walks.

11. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

I think Sideswipe will be taken seriously when he starts driving circles around Decepticons and dicing them up with his swords.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, I'm not saying that he won't tear the bad guys to shreds with that configuration. I was referring to him walking with breaks applied to the wheels as if he was walking on bouncy heels.

13. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Sideswipe (A very "Cool" Autobot) is not going to bounce on the wheels on his feet. Why? Because Michael Bay, and the rest of us, would find that to be gay. And Mr. Bay only does things that are awesome.

14. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Im hoping that the wheels will roll back and some sort of support will make him so that he can walk normal. I have a lot of faith in Mr. Bay and i think hell do us proud.