Any ideas what these KOs are?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, May 13, 2008.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got these in a lot today. I have no idea what they are other than the one:

[​IMG]

The one on the far left looks like a dreadwing/darkwing KO, maybe oversized (?)

The small red one turns into a robot stegosaurus

The big gray/teal one is just a car but looks like it has Sunstreaker-type head

I have no idea what the gray and blue one on the left is. Turns into a hovercraft/warship type thing.

I know there is a website out there that helps ID KOs. I'm going to check it but any input would be cool.

Jeremy

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, that's a Dreadwind KO. I think I've seen one like him before - it's probably 2 X the size of the original if it is the same one.

No idea who the other guys are, can you do some larger pics? It's kinda hard to make out details on that one shot. Not that any of them immediately spring to my mind, though.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The red guy is just a misc. transforming dinosaur. Nothing spectacular about it, and it isn't a KO of a Transformer.

4. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Yeah sorry about that. I was pretty sure about the dino and the dreadwind. Here are close ups of the other two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is intriguing. It is marked Tomy Japan and it is really good quality, whatever it is. I am not sure I have the head done right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one's quality is ok. However, I am still interested if it has any connection to TFs at all.

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Must be a Tomy Tri-Bot. Those and Starriors pop up all the time as unknown figures around here. It's not a KO.

The other one looks familiar. There was a generic KO line with various robots that were randomly given Sunstreaker's head, including a tank. This is probably one of those.

6. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Cool thanks. I guess using the word "knockoff" was innappropriate; I guess I just meant robots in general.

EDIT: I don't think they are starriors. They are windups. I have no idea....the search continues :sly2: 

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Tri-Bots aren't wind-ups. They're all what I have to admit are halfway decent triplechangers (robot, vehicle, and dinosaur... thing). But their design is very similar to Starriors in the use of simple colors and chromed parts.

EDIT: Heck, it's confirmed by fricking YouTube of all things that it's a Tri-Bot. And you did transform it incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Oh I didn't say it was not a tri-bot; I said it was not a starrior.

Thanks for the link, I could only find mechanical robots called (tomy tri-bots) on Google. I appreciate the help :thumb 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  9. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

the car is part of "formulator force" found at drug stores in the late 90s and probably still today, the line consisted of the car a tank and a jet each came in a few colours, you have the more common colour varient of him (i've seen blue and red as well)

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

They also did sets of mini-bot type vehicles, four to a pack; some were based heavily on Micromaster designs.

11. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

good info. but here is a little more. the tank, car and plane are all KOs of the "Max Team" from the Yuusha (Brave) series "Yuusha Exkaiser". The Max team consisted of a car, plane, and drill tank that each can become individual robots or combine in a gestalt form called God Max. They each had a chest gimmick. the chest would rotate to reveal an engine, gun, or bird head.

The KO are retooled versions that sadly do NOT combine and feature sunstreaker head mold.

12. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    The Sunstreaker headed version's body looks like a Gutted for Parts Punch/Counterpunch.

13. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

wow that much I did not know, I always thought they were original molds.

I have some of the micromaster's that came out in the same line (construction force I think they were called)

14. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

exactly =D

the "sky max" bootleg has a BALD sunstreaker head, the robot fins on the sides were removed and he had one of the ugliest robot modes that only me and like 3 other people would care to buy, lol.