Customs: Any Ideas for a Arcee alternators head?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by rhapsodyred99, Feb 2, 2009.

1. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

I cannot stand the binaltech Arcee head. I saw an excellent head on a custom in the gallery that was put on a Mirage body, but can not figure what it came from.

Anyone have any ideas or perhaps a cast of the G1 statue/bust that might work?

Thanks.

2. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    There's an oversized bootleg Energon Arcee that pops up now and again -- some people have been using that head (repainted obviously) in place of the original head, but ... so far I haven't seen a really good solution to the problem of Deceptidrag Arcee...

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

In the magazine Toy Fare (issue 128, April '08) they showed how to do an Arcee custom using a Roadbots 1:18 Celica. The head that was used was from a Mazinger AD-1901 Aflodai (Aphrodite) by Fewture Models. That's coppied word for word since I have no idea what figure they're talking about, but I do believe the guy who did it's name is Kyle Robinson. He has a website (Kylerobinsoncustoms.com) Sorry, I can't insert the link because I'm on my PS3. Anyways, the head used isn't quite perfect imo, but it's pretty close. Hope this helps

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sculpt-bot makes a good one if you can get hold of him

[​IMG]

Regards

JL

6. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

I wonder why the likes of justitoys haven't done an Arcee head. Seems like a fairly obvious thing to do, particularly now there's an official BT Arcee.

I've tried PMing sculptbot a couple of times, but no answer, so an alternative would be good.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    did you read Sculptbot's thread here in RGD saying why he's been so non-responsive?