Any idea where to find these?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFfanOfCourse, Mar 25, 2007.

1. TFfanOfCourse

TFfanOfCourse New Member

So, I'm really excited for the new movie coming out (as is everyone), and I'm trying to catch up and watch the Transformers series that I haven't seen yet before the movie comes out (even if I don't need to). Well, I was on a non-TF forum that I belong to and asked if they knew where to look. They suggested I should come here because "they know everything about Transformers."

So, here I am. It's my first time here, and my first post, but I think I'll stick around. It seems like a great site!

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to track some of the series down. I sure hope that someone here can help me find them! Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

I still need the following series (I'm looking to download or buy them, either way is fine with me):

Victory
    Beast Wars 2
    Beast Wars Neo
    Beast Machines
    Armada
    Energon
    Cybertron
    RID

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help out with this!!!

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    For Victory, tvnihon.com subbed the whole series, save for the last episode I believe and it was just a clip episode. They also subtitled the japanese versions of Energon and Cybertron, Superlink and Galaxy Force, which are much better than the US cartoons. They're also doing Armada's japanese version next, Micron Legend, or you can get the english-dubbed DVD series off Amazon and not wait for the subtitling.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Armada-Season-Part-1/dp/B000679N1E/ref=pd_sim_d_1/103-8798926-9173466

They also have the complete Beast Machines series online, but sonystyle.com sells it for less. Right now their store server seems to be down though.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=mtv&Dept=moviesmusic&ProductSKU=RHI970189DVD&aecURL=Product.aspx%3Fprodid%3DRHI970189DVD

Unfortunately RID, BW Second, and BW Neo haven't been DVD released to my knowledge in the US or Japan so those can't be acquired as easily.

Welcome to the 2005 Boards, by the way.

3. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

Car Robots was released on DVD in Japan. I'm pretty sure Beast Wars II and Neo were as well. I'm not sure where to find them since the copies I have are bootlegged.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    RiD was also released on DVD in the UK, but that's really not going to do you much good unless you have a region-free DVD player.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    If you have a good monitor, you could always play the DVDs on your PC - just get AnyDVD and some DVD playback software and you're away.

Metrodome in the UK released subbed DVD boxsets of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory, all for pretty decent prices (last I checked).

If you like DVD commentaries, the Region 4 Madman release of Beast Wars has commentaries on some of the eps by Ben Yee, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio (mainly the episodes they wrote or worked on). In addition to those, the Season 3 boxset has a commentary track by Simon Furman for Nemesis Pt 2 and a bonus track by Gary Chalk, Alec Willow and Scott McNeil for the first two BW episodes.

6. TFfanOfCourse

TFfanOfCourse New Member

Thank you everyone for all the help! I really appreciate it.

I've looked for RID on Amazon, Ebay, and other similar sites, but I haven't been able to find it. Any idea where to pick the UK DVD up for RID?

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You'll probably need to go to the UK Amazon site, or ask one of our UK members to help out.