Any idea what botcon 2012 sets could be

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blur3479, Aug 12, 2011.

1. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking of a set they could do for botcon 2012. I've been leaning towards beast wars but also something like war dawn seeing those we know and love now as they were before the war

What do you guys think, what do you think fp should do

2. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    As much as I love Beast Wars shit, I think a Beast Machines set would be cool.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They did a BW set back in 06 so I doubt they'd go back to that well. I doubt they'll do another Animated set, even though this year's was so popular, so given the toys available to them it'll likely use Classics molds. We know the club figures are Runabout, Runamuk, and SG Drift, so maybe they'll tie in with those guys somehow.

4. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My money's on using the generations/RTS molds for sure but the actual theme beyond classics is harder to guess. Troop builders would have to be junkions for sure....

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably a Diaclone-inspired set, but could also possibly be updated Protectobots, just based on the ideas FunPub has floated around. More discussion in http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...my-thoughts-botcon-2012-exlusive-figures.html and http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...7275-first-information-botcon-2012-story.html.

More Animated would be an extreme long shot, given that FunPub likely put the 2012 set into the planning stages before 2011 ever happened. Membership freebies and purchaseable figures rarely, if ever, tie in to the current Botcon story, though they do often hint at the direction for the club comic (and will often call back to previous Botcon stories).

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    What about classics mold repainted like their movie counterparts? Silver Jazz, black Ironhide, yellow Ratchet, silver Sideswipe, red Mirage, blue Wheeljack (though that could be too similar to Tracks...), black/red Jetfire, gray Starscream...

7. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Dear god no.

8. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be all over a diaclone set no doubt but another easy repaint would be a Japanese gen1 set..... And of course my number one wish is turbomasters/predators....

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm thinking some sort of Prime redecoes/minor retools. By BotCon it'll be the big thing (if it isn't already), there's no restrictions on licensing like with the films, and fans will be hungry for any and all Prime figures they can get their hands on.

While not exactly canon, I could see Skywarp and Thundercracker redecoes of Deluxe Starscream, a Tailgate from either Bumblebee or Cliffjumper, and several Vehicon recedoes.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I can 99% guarantee that won't be the case. Funpub can't use molds actively being used by Hasbro at that time, and the window of time between the production of the Prime toys and the 2012 toys wouldn't have been long enough.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Given Botcon's track record though, seems it takes em a while to make Botcon figs of a currently running TV series. Most of the time they end up using molds that have been released already for some time, i.e. Botcon 2005 used RID and Energon molds but RID and Energon had ended already. Botcon 2006 got Cybertron molds but again Cybertron ended, etc. I think that was a Hasbro restriction?

12. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

main ideas I think are
    classicsverse (again but probably won't happen considering how 07's set turned out with generations and all)
    wingsverse (in the good 'ol 1984 on earth? sounds plausable, runamuck and runabout remember?)
    shatteredverse (again but everybody loves it so definite possibility, drift remember?)
    R.I.D. (scourge has his huge fanbase and sideburn is being mailed as we speak(I have yet to recieve mine though))
    some sort of beast related thing (probably not but could be)
    machine wars (probably not but would be a good surprise and something new)

troop builders? all I can think of are junkions (cybertron lugnut, R.T.S. wreck gar is too easy and similar), Insecticons (energon insecticon) and cyber raptors (cybertron undermine or universe 2.0 dinobot)

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Ehh, true. I honestly forgot about that little stipulation.

I guess we could see a lot more figure Classics molds join Sideburn in becoming RiD characters. X-Brawn from Ironhide, Prowl from Sunstreaker, etc.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I was thinking an action master based set but I've only come up with a few so far:

Axer: Junkion
    Rad: RTS Jazz
    Mainframe: Perceptor
    Treadshot: Warpath

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Wreckers. I would love a post-LSOTW theme where they explain what happened after G9, like Impactor and Guzzle eventually ending up on Earth, getting alt modes, etc.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Diaclone/movie colors classic. Bots would indeed be nifty! But i dont see them coming back to most of those old classics molds

Doesnt seem like theres a lot of choices for them this time around what with the movie, animated, and prime being the most recent stuff. Theyve either already done it or cant do it (movies)

Im outta guesses myself

Be interesting to see what they do!

(Ooh, someone mentioned classics style RID guys. Id love that! And a new take on machine wars would be neat too!)

17. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. I'd love to get an Overlord toy out of the Cybertron Leader Megatron mold.

18. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Could they do that? I mean, utilize the IDW continuity for the club set/fiction.

19. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Technically aren't they allowed access to any TF fiction that Hasbro owns? If they're allowed to use Animated, I don't see why IDW could be off limits.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    they might be technically able to but maybe its sort of a fuax pas to try and base things on a universe thats still running and in progress

that said, they could still do an original story outside of the IDW-verse featuing most of those same characters

id love for a new overlord i dont care how <3