Any Home theater guys here.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by millerman3732, Mar 21, 2011.

1. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    I did a search on home theater and came up with nothing and I was wondering how many members here where also into home theater, I couldn't tell you how much I've spent on Big screens , receivers, pre-amps, speaker, blu-ray players, and unfortunately the doomed HD DVD format which I was I hard core supporter of. Right now I'm pretty content with the set up I have now. I'm currently running a Panisonic AE3000U projector, 106'' Da-lite screen, Onkyo 805 pre-amp, Outlaw 7125 amp, Sony BD-57 Blu ray player, and a 7.1 Polk RTi surround speakers.

Alright HT guys lets here from you. What are you into, whats the last piece you bought, what do you think of 3-d, what ever you want to talk about. And I know there are several sight dedicated to HT but I want to here from TF fans who are also in to HT.

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Does home theater require a big screen or a projector? I've got just about everything else for it.

3. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    I would guess it would be up to the individual, but in my experience big screens are far less maintenance and up keep compared to a projector set up. I have heard some people say that if the screen is under 100'' it isn't HT its just a room with a big TV. So I guess that would point to have a projection set up. But like i said its all up to you, how involved you want to be with set up and maintenance, your budget, room constraints, etc.

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Ok well I guess I don't count then. ^_^
    I do have HT "sound" due to my custom built sound system, but I am stuck with a 20" CRT Television. :p 
    But for legacy concerns for the most part, as I have a bunch of VHS that aren't made in DVD or BD yet.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I wish I could afford the mega huge TV, but I do have a 42 inch flatscreen and a 5.1 surround sound system. I love surround sound, especially for a Transformers movie. Best sound mixing in the business.

6. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

yeah, I'm guess I'm not in the HT club as I'm only running a 46" Sony Bravia. With a pretty sweet 5.1 surround sound set up. I am however a huge fan of the movie watching experience. I've put a lot of time and $$ into my set up and still have some work to do as I need to upgrade my surround speakers. my A/V reciever does have the 7.1 option but with my liveing room size its not really needed and there's also no room for the back speakers to be set up.

7. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm....I kind of fall into both boats here I guess.

I helped my best friend build his home theater room with an Optoma DLP HD Projector, 2500 lumens, 1080p resolution on a 120" screen, with 7.1 Harmon Kardon Surround Sound Receiver/Amplifier, JBL speakers, PS3 for Blu-Ray, Xbox setup.

Myself, I have a 50" Sony DLP 1080p TV because I live in an apartment (for the moment, should be moving to a house in the next 4 months if all goes well) and dependent on the setup of the house we get, will be attempting to get a projector with a screen of 108", and use my existing Onkyo 7.1 Surround Sound Receiver/Amplifier, with my infiniti/yamaha speakers, PS3 for Blu-Ray and Xbox 360

8. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

So tired of buying discs, dual layer discs, and/or waiting for them to finish burning. So i'm trying to hug my USB adapter more and a 16GB Flasher on my BluRay Player. So trying to get good at AVCHD converting so I can just drag and drop.

But as far as sound, Got a smallish Sony RCA plug powered sub, a couple old school definitive bp8's, and a pioneer elite reciever. And a weak Henry Kloss center, Sounds ok.

So many sound modes in an Amplifier arent there? I guess it's a good thing, but damn, half of them sound like garbage to me anyway. I mean come on, I doubt I'll want to listen to pink floyd in a hallway mode. wack.

Busted out the nintendo the other day. Batman has the best intro ever.

And whats up with button presets for car radio's? In my car, I have like 12 presets, on my home radio, like 999 presets. Half the time, theyre playing commercials anyways! It's 2011, can I have more radio preset buttons in my car please?

9. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am a Home Theater buff. (sort of). I still have my 60" RCA projection TV wish I still love. Sony Receiver and Amp 5.1, Yamaha tower speakers for the front, Bose 301 rear speakers, polk audio center channel speaker and polk audio subwoofer

10. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Home theater guy here!

...also moved to appropriate section of the forums.