Any Hints To Find Great Deals on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RimFyre, Aug 11, 2007.

1. RimFyre

RimFyre mmm,Energon Goodie

Just wondering if anybody had any hints on how to find great deals on transformers on ebay. I know it has to do with some luck but I've noticed that there have been some good finds that have been posted here on these boards. So any hints would be appreciated :) 

2. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    You answered it yourself, it's mostly luck. Check out the new auctions fairly frequently and know enough to see a good deal when it's there. There's not really a "skill" or "secret" to it - at least for me anyway. I tend to check auctions 4-5 times a day when I'm not at work. Rarely does anything really jump out but when it does, it's nice to know you spotted the one "big" auction for the day (or week).

3. KingForm

KingForm Banned

Search around...........a lot.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Any Hints To Find Great Deals on Ebay?

Yea, stay off of eBay! :D 

Seariously, the bay is so full of scalpers and ppl trying to get rich quick it aint even funny. Honestly you're better off going to the junkion exchange and/or making up a want list.

Luck is just about the only way anyone finds a deal on eBay, so just keep searching.

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing I've found is that occasionally, a typo will help you find something that's otherwise been overlooked. A common one like "Trasformers" or "Transfomers" is a good start. It's not a foolproof method, but I've picked up a few things cheaper than I ever should have by way of a typoed auction title.

6. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah typos and dumb people rock. i got a deadpool ML off of ebay really cheap cause someone called him deadshot.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm loving the Junkion lately. Safer, more accuracte descriptions, cheaper, doesn't reward scalpers, and keeps things in the fanbase.

eBay isn't bad, but I'll search the Junkion first every time.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been put off ebay in the past, on too many occasions have I received something with a fault not mentioned in the auction. Might give Junkion Exchange a try sometime though, once I've got my 'want list' sorted out.

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Good luck with Tf hunting on ebay. The prices and scalping caused me to abandon trying to win or buy anything on evil bay four years ago. It's the main reason I have 20 times more GI Joe figures and vehicles than TFs.

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I can never find what I'm looking for on these buy/sell/trade boards. Especially with all the reused names. Every time I search I find the right name but the wrong series. For example, back when I was after a Universe Soundwave I found every Soundwave in existence exept the one I was looking for. I had to click on each seperate post & search through the whole thing only to find the wrong Soundwave.

I like Ebay's search engine.

To answer the question, there are no tricks, just luck.

11. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

If we told you, they wouldn't be secrets... :rolleyes2 

12. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    You can catch some good deals every now and then. Usually they are from people who really don't know what they have and you can tell by the description. Recently I got an Armada lot for 20.00 + 10.00 shipping. Came with PL Jetfire, Skywarp, PL Red Alert, Smokescreen, Bendy Prime and Jhiaxus from RID. All were complete with minicons but no boxes. I got them in the mail thinking these are probably gonna be crap, but they are all in mint condition. Also the Junkion is a good if you catch people who just started selling their stuff. Blackstar is cleaning out his whole collection and I picked up a few good pieces from him this past week.