Any Gundam fans out there?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Badwolf00, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Seriously, this argument is ridiculous. Can't we all just agree that Destiny sucks and move on?

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That goes without saying.

3. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

If i can't hate on G Gundam you guys can't hate on Destiny. Otherwise you're hypocrites.

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    You can hate on G Gundam all you want, and others can love it all they want, just don't go back and forth with each other insisting that your opinion is a fact and that all others must therefore be wrong. When the topic is a personal preference in media, the difference between an argument and a discussion is the realization that no one is right or wrong.

5. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I agree. I personally think there should be any negative talk about any of the series, as they all are someones favorites. It's when people start saying one is the best or one is better than the other that it gets bad. Like when people say 00 was better than Seed... To alot of us older fans, they're both pretty shitty lol

6. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    No problem with saying you like something best or that something sucks and why you feel that way. Just don't try to convince someone else that you are right and they are wrong.

7. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Agreed. But did my argument really come off as trying to force my opinion on anyone? I stated my reasoning, and was told it's stupid. Not to mention i added an "lol" afterwards to show its just said laughingly.

8. Badwolf00

Badwolf00 Wrath of Everblight

I love how my thread I started has turned into a pissing match. 00 is better than Seed and Destiny. If you like mediocre animation and angsty twilight-like teenagers in your Gundam thats fine but don't go knocking G Gundam. Despite your opinion, it is one of the more classic Gundam series.

Let's try to steer back to just talking about our favorites and what we like about them.

9. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    It's all about phrasing. Instead of saying "G Gundam is a steaming pile" phrase it like "For my tastes, G Gundam is a steaming pile" or "I know some people really like it, but to me it will always be a steaming pile because X just doesn't work for me".

It's kind of subtle, but there is a difference in statements phrased like factual statements and statements framed like an opinion. I think most of the acrimony on this site comes from people stating things that are opinions like they are facts and then hilarity ensues as each side tries to convince the other of how "right" they are.

10. Badwolf00

Badwolf00 Wrath of Everblight

Agrees XD :thumbs2: 

11. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

LOL CLASSIC? It's nothing like ANY other gundam show. Gundam is about War. G Gundam is about a tournament. The blatant racism in that show alone makes it a joke.