Any good ipad games?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ZeroEdge, Mar 25, 2011.

1. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I plan on getting an ipad pretty soon. Are there any good games I should consider getting for it?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I love the Dead Space game for it.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Technically not a game, but Garage Band is something fun to mess around with. Only $5 and it comes with 4 instruments with multiple sounds/types and you can record and layer your parts into a song. There's even modes where chords are played for you, you just pick which one. (kinda like "easy mode")

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Dead Space
    Infinity Blade

5. MicroZone21

MicroZone21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Outside of the ones already mentioned (all of which are great, BTW.)

If you love Advance Wars, then check out Great Little War Game HD. I still pop the original AW into my DSlite, so I was pretty happy to find this for $3. It's new and a bit buggy, but the devs are regulars on the TouchArcade forums and are listening to everyone's comments for updates.

If you like bigger war games like Risk, its safe to avoid the official Risk app and go with Lux. (There are two free HD versions of Lux as well as a paid version that has both free maps and more.) Same essential game, just a cleaner interface. But that's a personal preference on my part.

If you like hack & slash games, you won't regret Predators. It's on sale for 99 cents this weekend and is well worth full price.

If you like Starcraft, then check out Gameloft's clone: StarFront. Technically it's an iPhone game, so you'll need to play it at 2X, but it's only 99 cents this weekend too, and it's a pretty amazing knock-off for the price. (Huge download tho. 700+MB download, but over 1GB when installed.) There's a WOW clone coming soon too.

People love the zombie rail-shooter Rage HD, and it IS a good game, but check out the free demo for Zombie Crisis too. Not as pretty, but it seems (to me) to play a bit better.

If you love GTA, avoid Gameloft's Gangstar Miami clone *for now*. It won't run on iOS 4.3 and they're still working on the patch. Gameloft has a lot of knock-off games that you can try HD demos for, but they do licensed games from Ubisoft too. Try the iPhone demo for Assassin's Creed. Have heard mixed reviews for Rainbow Six, but haven't tried it myself yet.

People are nearly dehydrated drooling over Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP. Again, haven't played it yet, but look into it if you like totally unique games.

If you're a JRPG fan, there are a few classic games. FF3 just came out, plus every other Square game is 1/2 off this weekend. If you like western RPGs like Elder Scrolls, try Aralon HD. Expensive (for an iPad game, I mean, at $10), but a lot of fun. The 100s of hours I spent on Morrowind are streaming back to me as I play this.

If you (legally or otherwise) have a collection of cbr/cbz comic files, grab the free Bookman app. I have hundreds of old comics on my iPad now and I'm trying to grab the complete EC Comics library online. I have a complete collection of Russ Cochran's reprints from the 90s, but I'd hate to ever damage this collection. Oddly enough EC's biggest (non-Mad) series, Tales From the Crypt, is the hardest to find in it's entirety.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Bloons Tower Defense 4. You can get it for free to try it (Lite), and if you like it, buy the full version.

The towers are quite good for novelty value, and the graphics are crisp and very colourful. Also, theres nothing better than killing bloons for relieving stress.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits: