Any good Health/Medical Insurance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Methos, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Since turning 30 last year I've been thinking of getting some health/medical insurance coverage.
    From Geico to Humana one they all seem to have complaints due to them not wanting to honor their coverage plans.

So what does everyone here have,and how good have they been in honoring any of your claims?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The US Army has an excellent health care plan.

Seriously, it's great.

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I don't know what it is like in the States, but really look at what you are getting vs what you are paying for. Individual plans up here are iffy at best. Usually something through your employer offers better coverage than what you can get on your own. Again... speaking from a Canadian perspecitive here. Things are likely different south of the border.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield

I have no complaints.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Humana sucks when it comes to their premiums and what they will cover. Blue Cross/Blue shield is decent. For a while I had insurance through NASE, which had a low premium and let you add/remove benefits to your policy; the only bad thing was that the deductible was high.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I have United Health Care and have no complaints.

7. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I'm on Blue Cross/Blue Shield as well. It's worked for what I've needed so far this year, although I was foolish to pick the best plan available, because my paycheck gets raped every two weeks for something I don't use enough to justify.

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I just got the Blue Shield PPO which includes dental and stuff. Seems like a fairly good plan.

9. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I work for BCBSF as a Retail Health Manager and our insurance is great. You have to buy BCBS in the state that you live in, but most Blues plans are offering low cost products with high deductibles, kind of like a catastrophic plan. We also offer hospital/surgical plans that are barebones coverage, but very cheap premiums and we offer the plans that cover everything, for more money of course.

If you get a range of plans and you want to discuss, PM me and I would be glad to go over them with you based on your coverage needs. Your agent will do the same, but money is their motive...

Either way, it is a really good idea to at least get a basic plan. In my 8 years in the business, I have seen people not get insurance and one accident cost them everything that they own and then some.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  10. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield health and dental, against my will. I had more benefits under Harvard Pilgrim and Delta Dental, but my employer switched to BCBS last year because it was cheaper for them.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have BCBS and I think the options I have are great for my family and I. I don't have Dental, but my employer gives my family and I around $3k a year reimbursement for any dental work. It doesnt roll over, but I think it's great.

12. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Yeh I was thinking about BCBS,but hadn't heard much in way of appraise for their coverage plans.

I might give them a try.Thanks everyone.

13. MikeTSI

MikeTSI TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I have Aetna. I get it for free at my job(UPS). It's absolutely incredible, especially since it doesn't cost me a dime. They covered my daughters birth at 100%(that was 30 grand). We only had to cover some of the lab work in the early going.
    Dental is awesome too. No yearly limit and they cover everything but crowns, rootcanals, and implants at 100%. Those they cover at 80%.

Anyway, I'm very happy with them. No compalints at all.