any good bluray reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rapid_fire, Sep 4, 2009.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I just got my first bluray player, which I picked up for my computer, (core 2 quad 2.4, 4 gigs ram, and a geforce 8800GT. It runs awesome, and I got a nice 24" 16:9 monitor that runs native 1920x1080 resolution as well, 2ms response time

but now I would like to pick up a couple really nice looking movies that really glorify the HD experience. any recommendations?

I picked up Talladega Nights, but after reading some reviews, I find out its a pretty crappy movie HD wise. I went to a used video store and bought the cheapest bluray they had, cuz I wasn't sure if the bluray playe would even run lol (even though its a fairly new machine, im still worried it wont run things for some reason) but it runs the movie perfectly, so now I need some more movies :p 

I plan to go grab Transformers, obviously, but any other good movies to grab for bluray?

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't see much point in paying extra to see a comedy in hd. I'd probably stick to films like Transformers. Films with expensive visuals. Besides, you need that extra definition to make out what's going on.

3. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

sweet, so I just grabbed TF1, and its awesome. its not mindblowing better, but enough to feel like a new movie, its really interesting being able to read things on the wall in the classroom, newspapers the characters are holding, stuff like that you never notice cuz its too blurry on DVD. Not to mention the crisper details on the robots! this is cooooool

I've must have seen this movie 50 times, but now watching it on the computer here in 1080p, there's so many things I never noticed before :p 

4. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Disney/Pixar's Cars.... A-Frickin-Mazing.... or any other pixar bluray, they all look stellar. The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Watchmen, Blade Runner is just stunning in bluray for an older title.... there are plenty more, but it's late and my mind is blanking (can't even think of many more blurays that I even own, and I'm too lazy to walk into the living room and look at them, heh).

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    The Dark Knight and Watchmen.

:sigh: I need a blu-ray now. Also congrats on the blur-ray dud :thumb 

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Dark Knight and Iron Man. Those two movies look AMAZING on my PS3.