Any good android apps for keeping track of collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MrBurns, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MrBurns

MrBurns Well-Known Member

I have been using action figure vault program on my pc and just noticed that you can no longer download the program. Having a couple of android tablets, I was wondering if there are any good apps for keeping track of your collection? How about good programs for your pc (other than excel)?

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google Docs is going to be as good as it gets for now.

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    So I decided to fuss for about five minutes with my Galaxy S II and the Android Market to see if there was something available. Now usually I use Shmax for my inventory (if you don't know what Shmax is, click on my collection in my signature), and I'm quite happy with it, but you got me curious.

In the market, I tried a couple that would allow you to scan the barcode of the item (I tested using an RTS Windcharger) to see how easy it would be to scan the item and then get it into a list. The best app I found so far in the Marketplace is called Shelves Unlocker (There is a free version to demo called just Shelves, but it only allows you to scan, not manual add/edit) for $3.99. It actually has a category for Toys, and allows you to barcode scan any package or manually add and edit any item. It searches against Amazon (or Google, I haven't figured which), but when I did scan Windcharger, it not only appeared in my inventory, but did it with a picture, and it did it fast. So depending on whether you keep the boxes/backings to your figures or not might make this an easy process, or a hard one.

4. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

shmax.com

Works with any web browser :) 

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    shelflife is going live with this soon, it's going to have all toy collectibles by the time it's finished

6. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Import & 3rd party items barcode scanning solutions are always going to come up short.

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    oooh thanks Dormamu. Will check out the app!