Any Gamefly Users Here?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I got a Gamefly gift certificate for my birthday last month. I was excited, signed up and built my Game Q.

A few days later, my first game ships. It's #16 in my Q (XMO: Wolverine). Finish it, send it back. Next game ships, #24 (Left 4 Dead) on my Q. So finish that, send it back. Finally see a game I want listed as "Now Available", move it to the top the day before they get my game and I actually get my #1 game (Beatles: Rock Band). Sent that back after a weekend of playing. Today, get notice of a game shipping. It was #29 on the list (Halo 3: ODST), a game I purposely moved down to not get yet. Not only did they skip my first 28 picks (17 of which say High Availability), they are shipping it from the farthest possible center 3000 miles away.

I am awaiting a response to my email about this. What's the point of having a Game Q if they will ignore your order and your location.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The way I understand it is to keep your list small but update it regularly.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Actually, the Roosterteeth guys brought this up on the podcast the other day.
    Generally speaking, the game you get appears to be random, so obviously the longer the list, the less likely you are to get one specific game.

Im not sure if they had any luck with it, but it was suggested to keep the que to maybe 2 or 3 games you really want, and write down the rest on a word document or something.
    This could work especially well with new releases, as they wont get anywhere near as many copies as they need to get everyone the #1 game.

4. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So a smaller queue I best? I will reduce it and see what happens.

5. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ya ive been a gamefly subscriber since they began and small qs are the way to go also you can force games thru just take everything off except your top (this # is up to your subscription me i get 3)2-4 games. i actually got MW2 from them right afterit came out by doing his so even if its low you will get the game you want.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    yea I was using them for about a month and got tired of waiting a week or more for 1 game to arrive and not even getting something that I actually wanted, so I canceled my subscription.

and my closest area was in PA I use Netflix which is in NJ. (and it only takes a day maybe 2 for 1 to arrive)so not that far away so there was no call for waiting a week

7. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah...i've been with them for over a year. I keep my queue to about 6-7 games.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I had them for a little while. Pretty good program, but I wasn't playing my Xbox that much to justify keeping it at the time. If there was a game I really wanted to play, I'd usually just have that 1 game in my Q

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I just joined them and so far have had no trouble getting whatever game was in my Q.

10. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ugh, they sent me a form letter response saying none of the 28 games in front of Halo 3, which were likely available, were simply not available at my shipping center. So they sent the next available game from the closest shipping center. That shipping center is L.A., which is the farthest possible center from my location. I've sent them a politely worded response calling bullshit. What really kills me is that all of a sudden, 10 games that were in front of Halo all say "Now Available" less than 18 hours after them sending out Halo.

I've since reduced my queue to 10 games.

11. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not to bring back a semi-old thread, but I wanted to thank those that offered suggestions. I had sent back Halo ODST rather quickly (didn't dig it too much). After 9 days of them not receiving the game, I had to report a shipping problem. The game was removed and they are now sending me the #1 game on my queue (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) even though it was listed as Low Availability. So the small queue is a blessing and works wonders. Thanks to those that suggested it.