Any fans of the old Dragonlance novels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Flame, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman?

I got ahold of one of the new "Simple Touch" nooks the weekend after they came out and was disappointed to find that the old Dragonlance novels weren't available in digital format at all.

I checked again this morning and most of the old series is either available right now or available for preorder. NERDS REJOICE!

I figured on a TF site there's got to be a bit of crossover between the two fandoms. Anybody else excited to see these turn up again? I know they rereleased the actual physical books a while back too, but the ebook release is brand new.

2. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Thats cool! I was a DM for 13 years and loved those books, i have piles of them in my basement. Unfortunately, water got in my basement and ruined half my collection, but my original prints of Chronicles and Legends are still in good shape. Same with my old rulebooks.

3. Night Flame

Weirdness with this one. They are available on the nook store accessible via the actual device, they are not available as nook books on the web site. First time I've come across this type of thing, but I haven't had my nook very long.

4. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Was really into them about twenty years ago. I can't remember with which series I bailed. Tales 2? It was right around the time The Legend of Huma novel came out. DL was my first taste of fantasy novels so I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Oh, and a good friend of mine has a nephew named Tanis. I'm the only person she's ever met that knew where that was from.

5. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

I have the annotated collection of the original three books somewhere. They still hold up pretty well considering the age; I never really got much further into the series.

All the more amusing for a D&D player to read, of course - there are parts where you can just hear the dice hitting the table.

6. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Read all of the mainline books and some offshoots.

The Twins trilogy was my favorite. Newer books were OK, but not as great.

See my screen name? :D 

7. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love DragonLance! I started reading those books when I was in junior high. From there I got into Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft, and there's probably more. I haven't seen or heard of any new DragonLance in a long time, but I haven't been looking. The last I read was chronicles II with the giant dragon overlords and The War of Souls.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Didn't really delve into Dragonlance, but I know that Tracy Hickman is a quality author and I love his Ravenloft D&D module to bits.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was big into DL back in 7-8th grades, I think I found my way after reading the Death Gate Cycle by the same authors. I haven't read anything from the world in ages though, I think it feels a little.. simple? I got used to the craziness that is Wheel of Time. :p 

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Ah yes, the hidden Harry Potter of our childhood...

11. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Dragonlance! It was one of my first fantasy series. I still pick up some of my favorites to re-read once in a while.

12. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Raistlin vs Fistandantilus > Harry vs Voldemorte

13. Night Flame

I remember when Harry Potter started up and how upset I got about all the publicity it merited right off the bat, when Dragonlance couldn't get more than the occasional poster in the book store for all the years it was popular. Now I think it's just funny.

14. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I've been hooked on the game Dragon Age: Origins for a month now, this series sounds interesting.
    Of course almost anything involving large reptilian monsters grabs my attention :lol 

I'll take a look into it :)