Any fans of Darksiders around?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by JetFormers, Aug 5, 2012.

1. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Wazzup guys? ..Was wondering if their was fans of Darksiders roaming around? If so what is your thoughts on the series so far, also are you excited for Darksiders 2? And what would you like to see in Darksiders 3?

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I am going to be a new comer to the series cause I just pre-order darksiders 2 and plus I won a copy of darksiders from game informer for PC but I need to DL it. I am hoping that Darksiders 2 ends up being another 1 of those games that I hold very dear as 1 of my favorite games. From the looks of all I have seen it reminds me of GoW and Infamous and Dantes Inferno all mixed into 1 which is what I love. So I have my game ready to come to me on Aug 14th. I wonder if it has Multiplayer to it. I am not good at Multiplayer but I was wondering.

3. JetFormers

News Credits:
    No it does not have multiplayer its just a single player game...You should try the first one before you go into the 2nd that is if you want to more in depth with the story and know a little bit more about the 1st horsemen..Also the Story is great it's some new and unqiue than some other single player games.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have part 2 preordered, and I found part 1 a lot of fun. Personally, it felt like playing a Zelda game but with a lot of upgrades I wish the Zelda franchise would take. It did barrow from a lot of games, but it barrowed good stuff. It was definitely a pleasent surprise.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The first game was a lot of fun. But it started off really, really slow in terms of gameplay. By the end of the game, you had so many new abilities and different techniques, that it felt like a different game entirely. It was a great story, however, that really drew me in. It kept me playing and propelled me through the first hour or so. After that, once you get some of the great items, the game really comes into its own. Might have to play it again before part 2 comes out.

6. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    That's actually how I felt about Infamous 1 and 2. The gameplay gets really fun, but it takes some time... and actually with part 2 I was disapointed it ended pretty soon after getting some of the best abilities. I guess I would rather have a character that progresses though as it makes the main combat more fun when you're actually earning something over just killing to get enemies out of your way.

7. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

The first Darksiders game is one of my favourites from this console generation, but I'm going to hold off on buying the second one until I hear more about the systems. I watched the Giant Bomb quick look and it seems interesting, albeit a bit monotonous, but if it's anything like the first game a short video doesn't really do it justice.

I like that it's not really a sequel, seeing as how both games occur at the same time.

8. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Looking forward to 2.

9. dinobot5

dinobot5 Well-Known Member

personally i didn't like the 1st game that much,was very slow to get into and the dodge was either sluggish or didn't move away far enough XD.i did really like the story for the game,the gameplay not so much.thankfully i got darksiders 1 for free because im a playstation plus member
    darksiders 2 on the other hand looks fantastic,it looks like a huge improvement over the first game and i cant wait,only issue is it isn't in the UK till the 21st......

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I have the first one, was really getting into the game. Then my XBL gold account expired and I didn't renew. My game saves were on Microsoft's cloud thingy and I lost access to them then. Didn't want to restart the game so I haven't played it since.

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    can't wait to play as Death! :D 

12. JetFormers

News Credits:
    :thumbs2:  That's the spirit! Only a week to go now.

13. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    this is the one new game i get to play before school starts. i am psyched! the first one was fun as hell and from the looks of it, this one will be better

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm about 12 hours into the first game and I love it. The art and setting is right up my alley. Gameplay is really solid and satisfying. My only gripe is there's a few too many puzzles sometimes.

15. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I never played the first one. Someone sell me on it because what I read about the Wii U version of the second one, it seems like it might be worth picking up.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The first one was short & sweet. Even the achievements were fun.
    Ignoring all the crits made it even better.

17. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    anyone else glad Despair is with you at the beginning? cause i hated having to run around until i found Ruin

18. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! It was a nice reveal for Ruin, but having Despair right away and apparently having more areas to use him should be great.

As far as death goes, the idea behind him is great, but I'm not sure I like his general design as much as War. I wonder if he's going to get armor upgrades as the game progresses like War did?

19. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Just looking at the Avatar Marketplace, Death has multiple armor sets.

20. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    That's cool then. Honestly I avoid a lot of information on a game I know I'm getting. I don't mind someone telling me "yeah, he gets armor upgrades", but I stop really seeking out information and looking at screenshots when a game gets closer to releasing. That's why I generally don't play a demo of a game I know I want.