Any experts on the G1 Euro-Classic reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus' Mate, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wondering if anyone out there's a bit of an expert on the G1 Euro-Classic reissues of the early 1990s. I'd always assumed that they were the same as the initial 1984-1986 releases, but recently - through various purchases - discovered that Snarl's missiles were "blunted" for the 1991 Classic reissue.

Does anyone know of other such minor changes with the 1990-1991 reissues? either brought about my safety regulations (I'm assuming) or not? Figures such as Tracks had pretty small missiles so I'm curious if they were altered in 1991 or left as-is (let's face it, most G1 figures even when first released had pretty neutered missile launchers, so I don't see why any alteration was necessary!)

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Interesting. I've got some of the Euro Classics in storage (Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and a couple of others which I forget who). I can't say I've ever thought about it, just assuming they were the same as the releases the first time around.
    I'll certainly be interested myself if anyone has some information on this, not that it'll change how I feel about my Euro Classics, like making me want to track down the original weapons and accessories for those figures that had been altered if that's indeed the case.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Rubsign indents were removed on the figures reissued in 1991.

4. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Some of them were not all. I believe the Stunticons and Aerialbots still had them

Here is an example of Breakdown
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-VINTAGE-DECEPTICON-BREAKDOWN-1991-MOC_W0QQitemZ230389120401

Skydive
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-VINTAGE-AUTOBOT-SKYDIVE-1990-MOC_W0QQitemZ260492287416

Also the triplechangers had the indent but no rubsign
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-AUTOBOT-CLASSIC-SANDSTORM-BOXED-NICE-RARE_W0QQitemZ120487308305

5. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly; The Classics line were just repacked IGA figures from Mexico. Since they were not produced by Hasbro, the quality as well as small details varies from the usual 1984-1986 figures.

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    IIRC, The Stunticons and Aerialbots were reissued in 1990?

I may have some of the facts slightly askew though. (I think) Springer lost the indent, along with The throttlebots.

Classics were Hasbro products. IIRC, their release is cited in part as being a response to IGA products, and some were marked with stickers along the lines of 'Genuine Transformer product'. Quality on Classics may have been a little lower, at the time they seemed decent to me though.

7. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Euro-classics Prowl is the only version that still has "Diaclone" written in the blue shields on his doors and shoulders.

8. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Yeah, checked up on that. You're absolutely right, they were Hasbro products.

9. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the responses. Yeah, they were definitely Hasbro product and pretty cool to boot.

As Gingerchris mentioned, the slight mould mods don't change how I feel about them either. Love 'em, and they're still definitely G1 to me, just how I feel my (official) reissues are as well.

I'm just endlessly fascinated by the stories behind the toys of 1984-1991, and love learning new things about them!

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Stunticons and Aerialbots were reissued in 1990.

The Classics were indeed official Hasbro releases and entirely different from the IGA toys in terms of officialness, quality of materials used, safety, durability and everything else. Some of the IGA toys have notable differences from the regular Hasbro versions that aren't found on the Classics. Also, different selection of toys between IGA and Classics.

This is also correct.

11. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

My Springer was Classic G1 and he had the indent. Also Octane and Sandstorm were also Classic, and I haven't noticed them being lower quality at all when compared to regular G1 figures.