Any Experience With Anime Export?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently had my order shipped by Anime Export and they shipped me the wrong one (Instead of Bruticus they gave me Delta Magnus). I had waited for a few days for a response, but I am giving them another day or two. Has anyone had any similar experience with Anime Export? And is their customer service reputable?

2. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I've ordered a number of MPs from them and never had any issues with getting an incorrect item. Sorry I can't be of help to your specific situation. I'd say give them a second chance, they've never done me wrong.

EDIT: A quick search showed me this thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ime-export-customer-service-post13189732.html

In short, it says be persistent, keep emailing them. They will respond and take care of you.

3. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

They are usually alright. It always seems to take them a few days to for them to respond. I think they are closed over the weekends and don't answer emails.

4. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    This is a "your mileage may vary wildly" topic that gets a thread every three months or so.

Most people have had good experiences with them but customer service can be spotty to rude to downright non-existent if you are unlucky.

I had a big issue with them almost two years ago, it took and age and a lot of useless bugging them before I had to charge back through PayPal to resolve it. Thus burning my bridges with them.

Good luck.

5. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Email them every day and eventually you should get a response.

6. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    A lot of folk in the past have sent short but clear emails to them explaining their problems.

What you have to consider is that English isn't their first language so try not to confuse them with long emails.

7. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    As said, they DO have decent customer service, but take care to be short and clear and, perhaps even more importantly, be courteous and civil. Like most people in Japan (and most people everywhere, probably), they are sensitive to the way they are spoken to, so be respectful. I've had an issue with them in the past, with a multiple order being one figure short. I e-mailed them with a single clear and respectful e-mail, and they mailed me back, apologized, and sent me the missing figure by EMS the next day at their cost (even though I had the original order shipped SAL). No harm, no foul. Haven't used another Japanese retailer in literally years.

8. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah never had any issues with AE either.They have been pretty accurate.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Since the arcee pre-order debacle I mostly order from anime export exclusively. Only great experience so far.

10. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Ordered two Computron giftsets from them and there was no packing material what-so-ever so the boxes got banged up. If you don't mind that, they are not bad, especially with the discount.

11. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I have a related question...I've dealt with AE for over a year without problem, but recently moved. I have updated my shipping address with them on their site, as well as my paypal account. I have three items waiting shipment, and would like to do so, but...

For some reason, on the page where it shows my items, the shipping address underneath each item is my OLD address. I click on my 'shipping address' and it shows my correct, current address. I am hesitant to click on 'ship now' due to this discrepancy.

I sent them an email yesterday, and no reply. I have heard of the lack of customer support (or at least speed in reply), and this thread is making me think I have to send emails every day. They may just come back and say "we have your current address, pay shipping please" but what I don't want to have happen is they ship to my OLD address and then point the finger at me, even though I saw where the possible problem was and tried to contact them first.

Any more tips? Should I just click ship or wait for a reply? I have my UW Bruticus with them, so I don't want to wait too long (he was ready to ship months ago, but I held off waiting for the new Red Alert to come into stock).

Thanks.

12. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I changed my shipping address recently and shipped stuff with no issues. I think you should be fine. You have to pay for shipping through Paypal and that's another check on your shipping address as well.

13. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you pay for shipping you'll have the option to use the address you put on the original order or put in a new address.

14. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Before you select which items you want shipped, you can update the address. It'll show just below each item (I think). You'll need to change the address before you request the shipping total though.

15. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

...that's the thing, for some reason it still shows the old address under the items, rather than the new one that's in my account information. And to select my new address, I have to select it specifically...kinda odd. I'll wait a few more days to hear back from them, but if not, I'll just take my chances. But funny that the OP had a Bruticus problem; crossing my fingers.

16. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, I had the same thing. Didn't see it when I shipped the first item after I moved (luckily my old neighbor talked to the new owners and got the parcel when it came in). When the next item came in, I purposefully went through the steps when I selected the items to get shipping quote and I was able to change the address before I sent the request.

I don't think there was any way to change it before that.

17. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its really not that hard. There's a radial button for "Ship to current address" and a second one for "ship to new address" and then you have to key in the address.

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I had a similar thing happen to me where they sent me the wrong box (I even found the guy who got my stuff eventually on Twitter.

I got nowhere until I filed a Paypal complaint. Then I got a full refund within 48 hours.

As far as I'm concerned, no one checks their actual customer service e-mail.

19. mvac

mvac New Member

Don't order with AE, I've blacklisted this shop as they never shipped my Metal Build Gundam Exia Reissue even full pre-order cost and delivery charges are paid. They keep no reply on my daily email, no shipment of the item, and no money return.

You can find none of the e-shop require full payment for a pre-ordered item but give customer nothing.