Any differences? BW Reissue vs. Original

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Specifically Corada (Cohrada, Colada, etc... It's the cobra). Are there any differences between the original and the reissue (aside from the DVD that means nothing to me) that would make the reissue a preferred purchase? It seems as if the originals are going for pretty cheap (at least a price I'd be comfortable paying) so that's tempting, but I'll go for the reissue if it's a better buy for whatever reason...

Also, is the reissue Tigatron a big improvement on the original JBW (not American) Tigatron? Like I said, DVD means nothing to me, but it looks like the reissue will be cheaper for this one.

Thanks
    SB

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Not so sure about Corahda yet.

For Tigatron, he has more realistic beast mode eyes, a new stripe pattern, and his green parts are metallic now. Don't see any reason why you shouldn't get the Tele BW reissue.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    BW Reissue Tigatron is a HUGE improvement over the original Takara one. He's as show accurate as he can get without altering the mould. (and physics;) )

The strips are more natural and better looking, the claws and teeth are all painted. Like he said, all metallics to match the show and improved colour sceme and layout.

Deffinately go for Tele BW. I did.

Corahda has some improvements. He's more "realistically" painted as far as his beast mode goes. His colours are more metallic and he has more detailed apps. An improvement, deffinately.

4. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Only ones I know of with a remold are BWR-01 Prime vs Megatron which was later released as the TRU Prime vs Megatron. Some others like Rhinox have a repaint.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    And if for some reason you don't have the reissue Black Widow, I can't recommend her highly enough. Sold my original without a moment of regret.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Word!

Corahda is a must have it's such a great toy. As far as I know there the same toy, if not then virtually the same.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have both Cohrada figures and if the original is cheaper, I suggest that you go for that version :)  He's a great toy, and even though the telemocha reissue has nicer paint apps I have one complaint. The reissue bot face has dots painted on the eyes (like irises) and I dislike it personally. Don't know why they bothered.

back;
    [​IMG]
    The one with yellow is the original.

eyeballs (reissue);
    [​IMG]

8. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And even more confusing, the separate Japanese Reissues of Optimus Primal and Megatron aren't the same molds as those in BWR-01; they're just more accurate repaints of the Robot Masters Primal and Megatron that was released earlier.

9. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the re-issue ones are slightly better aesthetically.

When i first saw the pics of TM-SP DX Convoy & Megs on remy's world at tformers, my reaction was like..oh wow! definitely had to get 'em. definitely worth the money. one of the better BW repaints (anime-accurate) around IMO.

here's some pics of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I think I prefer the BWR Ultra reissues to the Tele BW versions, especially because of those remolded heads, but I do like the metallic colors on those.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^^ :lolol  at Chosen's sig

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Looks like I'm getting the reissue Tigatron (if I can find it) and the original Cohrada.
    [​IMG]
    :D 

Details = win! Reissue Cohrada = pass. A picture's worth a thousand words, Syd. That made my decision instantly. Thanks :thumb 

EDIT: As of now, I have a vintage Cohrada on the way. MISB for $17.49 shipped. Not bad, IMO (considering what it went for when I was buying Neo)

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I thought you might like that. :lol 

I don't like reissue Co... Snake-Guy's head, but prefer the beast mode colors a bit, for not looking so bright and out of place. Still, I liked him when I used to have BW Neo Whatshisname, but didn't like like him.