Any confirmed new Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwave500, Feb 10, 2008.

1. soundwave500

soundwave500 Member

Hello all. It has been a while since I posted. I'm just wondering if Hasbro has confirmed any of the upcoming Classics releases. I can't wait, these are so awesome! I have all of the Voyager and Deluxe figures so far, but I haven't gotten into the Legends, etc.

I'm going to preorder the Takara Tomy reissue of Omega Supreme...even though I have an original G1 in the basement. I'd feel better about taking the reissue out for play, etc. The Mini-bot reissue looks awesome as well, going to grab that. I might have to bite the bullet and get the Japanese release of Astrotrain, just for the paint scheme. I don't like the white paint.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the information you can give me. I hope they eventually release all of the major players from G1. I really want Ratchet and Wheeljack. Oh yeah..one last question. Will any of the old G1 cassettes fit into the Soundwave reissue? I'd like to get all of those little clowns too.

Thanks!

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry, your questions are best posted in TF Toy Discussion.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The first wave has been officially confirmed, and will containg 3 Deluxes and 2 Ultras. The Deluxes are Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Tankor (Octane). The Ultras are Powerglide and Onslaught. Beyond that, nothing is really confirmed as much as those are (as we've seen physical proof of them), but there are two that are extremely likely, but haven't been confirmed since we first heard about them last year. Those would be Sidesipe (remold/repaint of Sunstreaker) and Galvatron (supposed to be a new mold Ultra). Also, we know that we're going to be getting some Voyagers, Legends, and the Robot Heroe line will continue under the Universe name, which is what the Classics line is continuing under.

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Prowl, Sunstreaker, Powerglide, Onslaught and Tankor (Octane to the old schoolers) are confirmed as the initial release. After that it's anyone's guess...

5. soundwave500

soundwave500 Member

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Sideswipe and galvatron were confirmed

7. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    And to answer your question about reissue Soundwave -- yes, the old tapes fit in his chest. In fact, if you get the one that was available at Toys R Us last year, you can put 2 tapes in his chest. This is due to the fact that Hasbro actually used the Soundblaster (japanese upgrade of Soundwave during Generation 1) mold to make the reissue. The only tapes that won't fit in his chest are Beastbox and Squawktalk (as far as Decepticon tapes go, at least. The other 2 Autobot combiner tapes, Raindance and Grand Slam, won't fit either). But they never fit in the first place, so it's kind of a moot point.

Other Classics 2.0/Universe toys that are likely to come out as well are: Smokescreen and/or Bluestreak/Silverstreak, and Ironhide and/or Ratchet. Hasbro said they wanted to release figures that'd have a high possibility of being able to be repainted for the line, and I believe they mentioned those 4 by name.

They also said a combiner was in the works for either Animated or Classics. But I'm leaning toward the notion that it's going to be in Animated, (highlight the following to read, as it's kinda spoiler-ish) as the Constructicons make an appearance later on in the show. Granted, it's only 2 of them, but still. And don't get your hopes up about the Combaticons being the combiner. It's been all but officially confirmed that Classics 2.0 Onslaught won't be able to combine with anyone.

It's also been pretty much confirmed that the Voyager class (20 dollar price point) will make an appearance in Classics 2.0. But no one's heard of any Transformer that will be a part of that price point yet, so it's all up to speculation and wishful thinking at this point.

8. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

cant wait