any computer techies out there?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by racbgar, Jan 2, 2012.

1. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

I need to know how much a web card for a laptop is? my laptop isn't connecting to the internet at all and we know it isn't the router cuz mom's laptop is connected fine. I have done a virus scan and maleware (mainly cuz i haven't done them in a long time and thought that was the problem for some odd reason) and dad asked a friend at work and he did what his friend said and still nothing. we r thinking it is my web card cuz i have had problems in the past where my internet just randomly disconnects. normally it will b ok if i just restart it but last Tues. it didn't come back. and i made sure my switch was on and it is. so i am just trying to figure out how much a web card is compared to a laptop so i don't get ripped off when i do get it fixed. it is a Gateway if that makes any difference. I would love to hear back from some of u guys cuz i would love to have my laptop back so i can play my MMO and soon play that new transformers MMO that is suppose to launch this year.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    by Web card, do you mean ethernet port card or wireless adapter? Both of those are just between 10 and 20 bucks.

3. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would try power cycleing your router. Basically just unplug it and plug it back in. That always works for me.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, you could always walk into a random office building wearing coveralls, say that you're there to replace some of their outdated equipment & that Jeff from head office should've told them about this a week ago, and then just start taking whatever shit you need. It helps if you've got a couple of other guys with you.

5. GetterRobo

GetterRobo Well-Known Member