any collectors in Northern New York state that could do me a favor?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RavageX-9, Jul 17, 2007.

1. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    I'm looking for someone in Northern New York state that's a collector with references that wouldn't mind me ordering Transformers online at various times and shipping the items to them and storing them for a few months until I can come pick them up.

It's quite a combination of circumstances I'm hoping for: location, free space, references, and someone willing to do a favor. :) 
    I'm asking because I live in Canada, when often shipping prices are higher across the border, some sellers are unwilling to ship to Canada, and there's also taxes. I can legally avoid paying taxes up to a certain amount based on the length of my visit to the USA. If you're thinking after paying for gas that it's not worth it, you're wrong. :)  At least not after you make a few orders.

One of my biggest problems is my official TF club subscription. I currently don't have anywhere to send it, and I can't ask them to hold off shipping them.

I've basically been scraping away the savings on shipping like this for years. I had met a generous person online who for 4 years and 3 BotCons, brought my club magazines and a big box of stuff to BotCon and I somehow unpacked everything and compressed the contents and fit it on a GreyHound bus back to Canada. Last year he had apparently terminal health problems and I lost contact with him. This year I made arrangements for a few months until BotCon 2007 which is over now.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    there are a few people in live in Northern NY, you should try the NY sightings thread.

3. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    But isn't that forum only for sightings?
    Also, not everyone has references, some free space in their house, and is willing to do another fan a favor. Some people live in apartments and have no space. Usually the only people with references are those that sell online, and not everyone does that.

4. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    It's for sightings but you can mention other things as well. I mean it's the best place to get the attention of a NYer specifically. But good luck then!

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hope he doesn't mind me putting his name out there, but you could PM Buttheadimus Prime. He's northern NY.

And ILD is right, you oughta post in NY Sightings. Not everyone has your lengthy list of requirements, but they at least hit your main one--they live in NY. As opposed to readers of TFGD, who are pretty damn global.

And while there are fans who wouldn't mind doing that for you, it wouldn't hurt to offer something in the way of a return favor. Backscratching and all that.

6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Buttheadimus Prime is North of the city but not Northern NY. He's about 4 hours short of Northern NY lol.

7. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    As long as it's not against the rules to post that kind of thing there. Oh well, here goes nothing. *posts*

And I am a club member, which means things like club store exclusives and being able to purchase the previous club freebies. (the combiner guys, not the convention freebies)

8. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    sent you a pm girl, what up squirrel. Anyways she is right I am north of NYC but hours away fro the border. I am like 6 hours from niagra and about 4/5 hours from kingston area

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you consider Northern NY? Rochester area or Plattsburg area?

10. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    Oh, I guess I only mentioned it in my post on the NY sightings thread.
    Between Watertown and Plattsburg, basically. (Rochester and Buffalo are closer to Toronto)
    I'm hoping to find someone no farther than Syracuse, and I'm hoping not that far, but hopefully I'll see who's available. Yeah, Plattsburg is actually closer than Syracuse. Ottawa is closer to that north-east section of NY state that sticks up farther North than the Western half.