Any Characters That Could Work in Their Own Solo Show?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Starscream 91, Aug 26, 2017.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Me Grimlock think me best for solo show!Me Grimlock King!

However much I liked that idea, I could not stop laughing imagining the Protectobots forming Defensor, just to bring a traped cat down say, from a steel grider or something :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  2. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

I think they'd have to be characters that fit the role of not story but promotion. Sure, I'd love to see Tailgate or Springer lead their own series. But it's more likely that someone like Hot Rod or Windblade would be considered way before anyone's favorite side/obscure character is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Lockdown. Time to root for the bad guy.

4. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

The G1 minibots. They all had such unique personalities.

5. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Along with my previous post, I would love to see a Transformers TV universe that could/would end up like the Arrowverse.
    Start it off with a character many people know but still a little obscure like Crosshairs, Nightbeat, Scavengers, Drift or another individual / Team. You could give them a team if they're not already a team, like Nightbeat would have his Headmaster partner, or Crosshairs and his Target masters. All of the characters would need lots of characterization and building areas. Like with Drift, he could be a bad-ass loner, but he's lonely and wants a team. So he gets a rag-tag team of Autobots to join him on his quest or something.

For antagonists we need characters that the Autobot / Decepticon Protagonist would need to go up against, like the DJD, Lockdown, etc.
    Maybe even a few flashback episodes setting up who the villain is.

Setting could literally be anywhere.

After that, start off multiple spin-off series that follow other characters and sub teams. It would be interesting to see a solo Stunticons series seeing as they have a large amount of inter-team rivalry and arguments.

But that's my idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Grimlock.

As the host of a talk show.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    A Transformer TV show Multiverse (ala Arrowverse)? Now that could work much better then a Cinematic Universe, in fact thats probably my favorite idea; it could really work for a solo Drift show idea I came up with in my original post.

A Space Ghost Coast to Coast parody perhaps?

8. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Nightbeat? A buddy-cop show in space where he's paired up with an alien. "You're a loose cannon, Nightbeat . . . but you're the best detective we have."

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Well your first problem is comparing Transformers to Marvel heroes...

Super heroes started as solo comics. Groups of characters like the Avengers came later. There was a time when the different characters never interacted with each other. They were in different universes with their own stories.

The exception to this is the X-men who were a team from the start. And I think it was because of the success of X-men that other super hero teams started forming.

Transformers has always been an ensemble cast from the start. It's not like the Avengers where Ironman, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk started as solo characters. They weren't chosen to get solo runs after the fact, they already were.

I think the only member of the X-men to get his own solo comic is Wolverine. There are other spin off comics like Dead pool but they're usually original characters who are tied into the X-men universe. I think Wolverine was the only one who was really introduced as part of a team first and then got his own spin off. That's partly because of the popularity of the character and because it made sense for the lone wolf type character for him to have his own solo series.

All that being said, you're basically looking for a Transformer who could pull a Wolverine and have his own spin off. But I can't really imagine anyone as a solo character. Even ones who are never officially under Optimus' command who would make sense I don't think are really popular enough to hold their own story. Depth Charge, RID1 Ultra Magnus, Prime Wheeljack, those are the ones who make the most sense to me to have solo spin offs and I personally like them but I don't know if any of them have a large enough fan base for anyone to want to watch them in a solo series.

There are the characters in the hall of fame who I think have the popularity to hold their own but I can't really imagine them being solo characters.

If anything I think they would have to make a few new characters to star in solo spin offs and just see which ones get popular.

The other problem is with Transformers being a war story. Wars typically have troops not individuals. You can make a story that focuses on one character over others but you can't really make a true solo story. They have to work as a team. Any true solo story set in a war would automatically make the character way over powered as he fights threw armies of Decepticons by himself. Would make you wander why Optimus and the other Autobots are even needed if this one Autobot is powerful enough to fight solo.

That's the other major difference with super hero stories and Transformers is solo heroes usually only have to fight one on one. It's not like Joker leads an army of villains that Batman has to fight by himself. It's just Batman vs. The Joker. Shure there are some generic thugs but it's not the same as say a single hero having to fight their entire rouges gallery all at the same time. And even when they do try to work together they still end up trying to attack one at a time. Decepticons don't take turns, there's no way one Autobot is going to win when he's vastly out numbered without some help.

I think something like Drift working as an Autobot bounty hunter, taking out single targets like Lockdown, Fracture, Airachnid, maybe Stars cream if he's working solo due to Megatron getting sick of his betrayals, not all at once but just focusing on a single Decepticon per episode... except RID2 does that and they still work as a team as the Decepticons, even solo, tend to be far more powerful than the Autobots. Animated kinda did that too and again, even when the Decepticons were outnumbered five to one a single Decepticon still provided a challenge.

Not sure if it's true in every continuity but at least in G1 it could be because the Decepticons were designed as gladiators and Autobots really aren't meant to be fighters so it typically takes a lot more Autobots to over power the much stronger Decepticons.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Bumblebee. He's got enough of a character to stand on his own, and as a scout/spy, there's a good reason for him to be on his own, perhaps exploring a planet, or infiltrating enemy territory. The fact that they're doing something like this with him in an actual movie makes me happy, especially since Bee's my favorite character.

The Dinobots. Grimlock's also can stand on his own, and seeing the Dinobots going around on their own, hunted down by both friend and foe, would be a pretty cool show.

The Wreckers. I would pay all the money for a Last Stand of the Wreckers-type movie. The best part is they could have them face against different obscure Decepticon leaders each time.

Drift. Haven't read the Drift miniseries, but a redemption story involving Drift could work really well.

Ratchet. I could see a series where the coolest medic in the universe has to survive on his own working really well.

Thundercracker. A Decepticon who doesn't agree with his own side, trying to make sense of himself and the world around him. I like that idea.

The Combaticons. I think they'd make for a cool set of villain protagonists. You've got a strategic mastermind, robot Michael Bay, a wild and kind of sadistic interrogator, a con man, and a moody loner who wants to belong, and I think that would be neat to see in a movie/series.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Pax Cybertronia

Pax Cybertronia Member

For some reason, I want Swindle as being a game show host, similar to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or Family Feud. He's intelligent and charismatic enough to work as one. Either that, or a show where Swindle travels the galaxy, trying to make a profit with his three guards: the greedy Dirge, the envious Ramjet, and the bad-tempered Acid Storm.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I don't really like Bumblebee bit these other ideas are interesting and I'd give money to see them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Drift and Thundercracker are good suggestions, I could see either of those working in a solo.

• Like Like x 3
  14. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the IDW scavengers, but with spacewarp added to the group :) 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

I always wanted to see a political drama based in Carbombya, starring Abdul Fakkadi.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Kup!

But I want to see him rethink his past actions as flashbacks during his final mission. Each flashback would take up a whole episode. The overarching story would be a mistake that he made which we get to discover by connecting the dots seen during said flashbacks. At the end he has to face his 'demon' as his current damaged and old self.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon Well-Known Member

Shockwave, Traveling the universe rediscovering the transformers historie in the universe and planting enegon in the planet. Experimenting on fellow Decepticons and discovering the secrtes to combinations and headmaster and other cool stuff. UltraMagnus officer of the tirest accord something or other. Looking for the worst Decepticons to bring back to Autobot high command. Soundwave hated by his fellow Decepticons spying on every one and reporting back to Megatron. Keeping the best information for himself knowing that knowledge is power. And having dark secrets of his fellow Decepticons makes him very dangerous bot. Bludgeon a bot that studies the ancient art of metalicato and plummets him self in the dark arts. The pretenders stuck in a uncharted planet the Decepticons must adapt and discover how to survive .And how this new technology will affect them ? Gnaw life as a sharkticon isn't easy the masters are cruel and send the legiĆ³n to planet after planet to subjucation and thers always something new to eat.hahaha.

18. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Just do House with grumpy Prime Ratchet.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    :lol 

20. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Crime investigator/fighter Prowl or Chase can work teaming up with a human detective and the entire premise is a buddy cop show, the child of alien nation, lethal weapon, knight rider, Miami vice and CSI. I've always said this should be a live-action TV show hasbro should consider.