Any Characters That Could Work in Their Own Solo Show?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Starscream 91, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Ok so I blame this totally on my brain, I've been marathoning through the first season of Daredevil & now Jessica Jones as I play catch up on the Netflix portion of the MCU.

So onto to the thread, as I mentioned Marvel has taken some of their properties and made them into very successful shows that also still tie them into other shows and the movies. It got me thinking, in Transformers the shows and movies really focus in on a group of characters mainly led by Optimus (sometimes Rodimus sometimes a Primal) in his war against Megatron and the Decepticons. But what if we got a show (or movie your pick) that focused on other portions of the war? On maybe a single character or a subgroup! What character do you think could work best in their own tv show?

For example some of the characters and ideas I think could work (and these are solely based on me spitballing together a Transformers Cinematic Universe) are...

The Wreckers - An easy group of characters with a lot fun to be had as you can pick from a whole roster of characters. Make it a TV-MA show on Netflix or other streaming service, an R rated TF film, just a fun comedy in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy with a lot of violence. While the main show or series of movies focus on Optimus Prime and the Autobots of Earth this could take us to the space side of the war as we follow a team led by Springer or by Ultra Magnus as they take on the worse of the worse in space or on Cybertron.

Drift - A story of revenge? Once Deadlock, Drift now goes through space or across Cybertron as he goes after a Decepticon he once worked for; a crime boss named Turmoil? Along the way he deals with countless Decepticons hired by Turmoil like Bludgeon. Or maybe he runs into, fights with and sometimes against bounty hunter Devcon and they work together taking on the criminals working for Turmoil.

Those are two ideas I've come up with but what about you guys? Know of any other characters that could work in their own spin off show?

• Like Like x 2
  2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    This might have something to do with them being my two favorite characters from Prime but I'd have liked to see a spin off starring Ratchet and Knock Out if they had decided to return to Earth after Rise of the Predacons. I think it would have made a lighter hearted show but not too light and I thought those two could have potential working together butting heads especially with Knock Out loving Earth and Ratchet still trying to learn about his new home. I know NuRID kinds of put a kink in it but its a dream show.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Nightbeat. I think that's obvious

Sixshot. An antihero who searches the universe for the traitor Quickswitch who denounced his teachings and the ways of the Sixclan.
    On his way he finds himself dealing with powerfull adversaries and helping out others.
    By the time he finds Quickswitch he doesn't know if Quickswitch was so wrong anymore.
    But then they are both confronted by his former master Gigatron and his army preparing to move on Cybertron.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Most characters or groups could work in their own separate series. I've had an idea for a solo Optimus Prime series, wherein he's the last Autobot still fighting the Great War because his civilian superiors called an early end to the war, leaving the Decepticons free to wreak havoc in the outlying colonies and on uninitiated worlds. The Protectobots practically had their own show in the form of the Rescue Bots - I know that they aren't the same characters, but they fill a similar function. Prowl and Jazz could star in a cop drama, with Nightbeat having his own private detective show. Grimlock or Dinobot could have their own stories in Cybertron's ancient past, working as a Conan the Barbarian analogue. It's all in the how you construct the story.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Nightbeat is the best candidate for me. I'd love to see a detective show with a Transformers twist.

• Like Like x 4
  6. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Huffer and Gears as a double act moaning about pretty much everything would be quite amusing and witty.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nightbeat is an obvious choice.

I kinda want to see the Lost Light crew in their own solo show. It'd be funny and cool at the same time.

The Wreckers

The Scavengers (Crankcase, Misfire, etc.)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Shockwave
    Prime Smokescreen
    Knockout
    Thundercracker
    Whirl
    G1 Ironhide
    Hot Rod
    Blurr
    Cyclonus

9. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

Jazz is a special agent, right? I could see a show where he gets sent out on special joint-op missions with a human partner.

It would kind of be like Knight Rider.

I could also have seen Paramount trying to pull an Agents of SHIELD with Human Alliance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    I'd like to see RID Quillfire and Bisk added to the Scavengers. Could be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

KO is my favorite also. I so much want an Mp out of this ridiculous b#$%^&d!

12. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Wheelie... his survivalist adventures on Quintessa.

I'd like to see the events of the G1 cartoon and the adjustment to living on Earth through the perspective of a misfit alt-mode guy like Cosmos or Seaspray.

On the Decepticon side, the same thing but perhaps through the eyes and reflections of a random Sweep, or one of the Reflector components.

The espionage adventures of Punch/Counterpunch.

A trippy mind adventure of one of the Headmasters going through the mental adjustment of the process, all the way from the initial head removal to total mind integration, and then coping with the eventual death of his Headmaster partner.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I always liked the idea of including an Autobot in a team of contemporary heroes like a modern day league of extraordinary gentlemen.

Jazz, Hound, Stakeout or Nightbeat
    Tim Drake's Robin
    Brooklyn from Gargoyles
    Captain America
    Spike from Buffy
    Leonardo the Ninja Turtle
    Deadpool

Some or all of the characters above. Just an idea in my head for years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Holy shit yes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

The thing about Transformers fiction is that it is designed to sell toys, so even if there is a single Transformers character that is focused on more than the other robots there still need to be other robot characters present in some capacity. A true solo show? No. A show with a lead robot character heavily focused on that also features other robots? Sure.

I would love to see Beachcomber, Punch-Counterpunch, Cosmos, Galvatron, and Sixshot focused on myself.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    An epic multichanger feud across the galaxy ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Bring in Sixknight and Greatshot too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i always thought that in some universe where the movies were a g1-based reboot for the whole brand that rescue bots could've just been a show about the protectobots. there'd be less alt mode diversity, buuuut...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    A rescue bots kind of show with all the G1 emergency vehicle bots and others that fit the format would have been sweet.
    You could have a different kind of "case" each episode, with a different team each episode. Say Prowl an Nightbeat investigate a theft. Another time Seaspray and Depth Charge deal with piracy. Inferno, Hot Spot and Red Alert deal with a big fire...
    Something like that could have been real cool.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Yeah, and Springer and Astrotrain and the Horrorcons etc.
    A show were multichangers play the leads.
    You could write in a real special backstory.
    How multichangers are organised in clans and used to be the guardians of the colonies or something.

• Like Like x 1