Any Chance of Masterpiece Ultra Magnus Complete Version

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eatwood, May 5, 2007.

1. eatwood

eatwood Well-Known Member

I was just checking out MP-04, and i started to wonder if Takara will consider making a complete version of Ultra Magnus. Do anyone know? Or just want to comment on this?

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If they did I would both love and loath them at the same time.

And If they did, I would have to buy it, and then to keep my MP collection complete I'd have to hunt down a MP04...

So parts of me want and equal parts don't. Conflict!

3. eatwood

eatwood Well-Known Member

I just have MP3,MP4, MP5. And 20th Ann. Prime. SO I really wish that takara make Complete version of Ultra Magnus.

4. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

99.9% of that happening is doubt within me.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I seriously doubt it since the cost of the figure was probably be around $300 or more.

6. nic28

nic28 warrior

under transformer customs and kitbashes on this site there is a trailer that fits mp ultra magnus go to the main site and you can buy it for 750.00.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if we do get one, i suspect it will be a lot like the titanium one. and it would be a whole new mold. with the truck attached to the trailer. and probably as big of starscream.

8. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    its definatly possible, but they probably wont, the thing would be really big, and really expensive, for a character that isn't that popular

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

which is why i said if they did, it would be a totally new mold, with the trailer attached to the cab, or something like that.

personally, i would rather see them repaint, and make a trailer for, HS Optimus prime, as ultra magnus. it's an amazing toy after all. and it would be, and could be closer to the g1, or the titanium version.

10. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I would like nothing more than an Ultra Magnus who is blue and red, totally armored in his traditional fashion, and not a white repaint of MPE 01 Prime. He'd have to be super-articulated, and his car-carrier chassis could handle giving a lift to a few Alternators.

That would also entice me to purchase Hot Rod's Alternator. I love Mirage, but I also love him being original in my collection. I don't think I'm planning to get Hot Rod even though I will be at Comic Con.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It'll never happen. Aside from the character not being popular enough to warrent a $250 toy for it, structurally it wouldn't work. MP Convoy and Magnus are big heavy toys. Customs might hold them up, but it takes a strong, sturdy piece of armor to hold onto a toy as heavy as MP-02, and the more joints the armor had, the less structure it would have to hold a big die-cast toy. If it was well articulated, then it would cost a fortune and would likely fall over or drop Magnus if you looked at it too hard. If it was strong enough to hold the toy inside the armor, it would be a brick, and thus hardly a masterpiece. No win scenario, I think.

12. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Omegus Prime, you're probably right.

I think I might be avoiding the whole Generation 1.2: Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, Arcee, Springer, Cyclonus, Scourge, Galvatron, etc.

Magnus is one of the highlights of that era and I agree with what you posted - I don't see a way for them to pull it off.

I'll try to contain my disappointment that I won't be chasing after a Wheelie figure. ;) 

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd rather them focus on a Masterpiece toy I'd be interested in buying;)