Any chance of getting some HIDE tags?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Treadshot A1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Just a little nitpick from me, but are there any ways to hide stuff in a post? I know you can black out words with tags, and they only appear when you put a mouse over them, but that still means you have to scroll through them.

I frequent another board where we simply wrap the text we want hidden in "[HIDE][/HIDE]" tags, and that text is the replaced by a clickable button, with the word "Show". Additionally,we can change the first part of the tag, so for example [HIDE=Update 12/25/10] as opposed to just [HIDE]. The text after the equals sign then appears next to the "Show" button, and if people are interested, they can then click the Show button for further reading.

Why do i want such a function? Well, i often post customs in Radicons Customs as Works in progress, and updating them becomes a difficult choice. Do i just add pics and descriptions, leaving it a very long opening post to scroll through, or delete the old stuff to be more organised, at the cost of losing records of past progress? And if i leave the old stuff, loading all the pics at once on my iPad/Phone/portable device becomes very time-consuming, often forcing me to wait for it all to load before i can scroll down, lest it keep jumping up as soon as each new pic is loaded and i lose track of where i am. If i could hide stuff, so it only showed up when i (or whoever is viewing the page) wanted, it would mean i don't have to sacrifice anything, while keeping my threads way more organised.

So, can we add such a tag? Or is there already one (barring the spoiler one that blacks out stuff, but still leaves a big wall of text to scroll past) that i don't know about?

2. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I will look into it.

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer