Any chance of a Dezaurus Reissue? Ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Absurdicus, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Absurdicus

Absurdicus Ridiculous G2 Combiner

I note that Star Convoy and some more obscure TF's got rereleases, and I know making Convoy reissues is a license to print money, but will Deathsaurus etc. ever get some love? Anyone have any idea how the reissues are gonna continue, or whats on the lineup now?

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This sounds like a fantastic idea! Deszarus Reissues for everyone!

-Tony!

3. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I hope that the other Japanese G1 figures do get reissued at some point.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing preventing them except maybe lost molds and bean counters.

5. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    that and the fact that takara/tomy has gone nuckin futs with the brand....

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

That's the big problem right there.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    this is something I've been hoping for ever since the Star Convoy re-issue, if not all the way back to God Ginrai

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    They have normal ko's and odd colored kos so why not? IMHO I hope they dont reissue much more from the jpn lines...ive spent way to much cash gettin em all

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd rather see Overlord first! :p 

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    yeah but if you wanted them badly enough (and other people do) think of how much you'd have to pay for an original. Re-issues certainly help

also Redline, why not have both ;) 

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hehehe well said Abro!

12. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I don't really think that Takara-Tomy has gone nuts at all. The worst thing they've done, and the only thing really, is the KISS line. But its a business decision, and one that fits in with the reissues. Sell what the mass public wants. The typical toy consumer in japan is male, and little gashapon figurines of half naked girls are extremelt popular there. Package a TF with some, and they're bound to cross over to the mass market.

Reissues are the same thing, in essence. People KNOW Prime/Convoy. A lot of consumers had TFs when they were kids, so just put out the ones that they know, and they're bound to buy them again.

This all happened because Cybertron/Galaxy Force failed so miserabley in Japan. So now they're in a state of restructuring while they try to make some big money to make up for their loss.

Controversy aside, I own KISS Convoy, and its great. The painting is leaps and bounds beyond the US version. The little girl isn't too smutty, so she's currently driving Alternator prime around on the shelf.

The comics are disgusting, but those are easily ignored.

Back on topic now: Given this mindset, I think that ANY classic TF that has a large fan following (and a working mold) is fair game at this point. If you asked me when the reissue line first started up if I EVER thought we'd see a Star Convoy, or a Predaking, I would have replied with a definite NO. Now it seems like big ticket items are prefered over smaller re-releases.

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Would be nice, but I still want Overlord, despite rumours of the mould being lost.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I get the feeling they'll be a ways off if they happen at all. Overlord is more likely since Masterforce was pretty popular, though Dezaras was not so loved in the first place so I guess a reissue of him might not happen. With a little luck, though, maybe, MAYBE Sonokong will do a fresh run of Red Geist from Brave Legend Da Garn. He's the same toy as Dezaras, just in a different colour scheme. Sonokong still makes the Brave Sky Garry and have made all the other TFs turned Braves other than Galaxy Shuttle and Grandus at some point, so right now that is the most likely scenario.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Takara have repeatedly shown a disinclination to re-release any larger G1 TFs from after 1986 that aren't either a version of Convoy or a retool of a toy from 1984-86.

There's obviously some demand for reissues of Star Saber or Deszaras, but just choosing annother reissue of an earlier, more well known G1 toy is the softer option, and that's probably a major factor in Takara dragging their heels.

Although the TFC line did very well in Japan initially, with multiple runs on the earlier items, apparently demand tailed off quite quickly. On that basis, their lack of desire to release more expemnsive, less well known toys would seem to have some reasoning behind it.

Unless Takara do something to suggest they're breaking away from this point of view, talk of them re-releasing Deszaras, Victory Saber, Liokaiser and the like is nothing more than wishful thinking, especially with Tomy trying to turn Takara's financial problems around.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt it. I think if they do another big reissue from late G1 it's most likely Star Saber/Victory Saber. He's not a Convoy, but he's still a leader and he's the only one they haven't really done.

17. Absurdicus

Absurdicus Ridiculous G2 Combiner

Is this Red Geist complete with all Dezaurus' parts, including BreastMasters?

Also, I could buy the original, but if I'm gonna spend some money, I'd prefer it to be on some brand new plastic that I don't cringe and hold my wallet as I transform it, hoping it won't break. I've broken no less than TWO classic 1982 Joe vehicles this MONTH just by touching them. :( 

18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'd much rather they spent the $$$ and gave the Soundwave "People want it bad, so fix or rebuild the mold" treatment to Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack, The Stunticons & Protectobots :)  If for no other reason than to go crazy over the inevitable E-Hobby releases :D 

19. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    to be honest, I'm only interested in figures that were released in the US. I think if they look at a possible reissue list they should look at what would sell the best. Obviously a 30 incantation of Optimus Prime is up there. But other than the obvious, just from the last couple years of being on these boards and combing through the different transformer boards fans want some, if not all the Dinobots, Victory Saber, one of the combiners in a giftset, and some of the headmasters.

tomy needs to think about what will sell in the japanese market as well as what will sell in the US market as Hasbro seems to be always looking at what could be brought into the US market.

20. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What he said. :)