Any Chance at FOC Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dwong1207, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I want to start the cry for the rest of the dinobots. Hasbro, this is ridiculous why you haven't made the rest of the dinobots. No more wannabe beast wars dinobots...I want the real deal. You can lose the opportunity to the 3ps, but you'll be making a big mistake. If you want to make some money, this is where it's at. And don't short pack the boxes. 2 of each to get the other four out, or 4 per box in two waves. Bring it!

2. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

They're already making Grimlock, and from what I heard he's going to be 2 per case.

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

As much as I would buy the crap out of a Slag and Swoop, I don't think this is quite the license to print money you think it is. At least, making all five. The designs get pretty repetitive, I don't see kids (their target market) convincing their parents to get all of them just to complete the set. I think they'll probably get one or two, and call it a day.

Don't get me wrong, I can't understand why anyone would doubt the ability of robot dinosaurs turning into robots with swords to sell, but the Dinobots would be a huge investment. And while I don't doubt that any one Dinobot would sell, I kind of doubt that flooding the market with them would do them any favors.

4. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chance? Yes
    Likely? No

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would like to see all of them get made, but I think two at most will come.

We have Grimlock coming and I think Swoop could happen.

6. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

They sure seemed to think that flooding the market with bumblebee would.

hohohoho.

7. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Lucky for me, Voyager FOC Grimmy is just enough

8. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I want Grimlock, Swoop, and Slag (Slug). Preferably all 5, but we probably won't get all of them. Especially since one of them only has a cameo as a corpse.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    If they had made the FOC Dinobots combine (sacrilage to some I know), then we would have gotten all 5. Honestly at this point that's the only way I see Hasbro ponying up the cash to develop all 5 Dinobots. I personally wouldn't mind it, even though I know it wouldn't turn out as well as JRX.

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The FOC Generations 2013 toy line. seems like the perfect opportunity to release the Five classics 1980's dinobots toys. maybe two dinobots can be voyagers like Grimlock & Sludge. while the other Three dinobots can be deluxes.

Instead Hasbro is going to create a whole bunch of Bumblebee new molds in 2013 in different sizes for the TFP,Generation,Kreo & whatever other toy lines they can put him in.

Instead Hasbro is going to create 30 new mold & Repaint bot shots. focus more on super tiny cyber verse 25+ new molds & repaints for 2013.

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I want all five, but if we can only get two more (Swoop and Slug preferably), I'd be a REALLY happy camper. But something tells me many of us are in this same bandwagon.

Though hot damnit, I like Snarl's stego-legs in proto-form.

EDIT: Since Hasbro has been kinda showing off their interest in utilizing molds as much as possible, they could still offer a recolor and/or retool of each of the Dinobots.

Grimlock => BW Megatron/Magmatron/T-Wrecks
    Swoop => (Terra)Fractyl/Hydra/Terranotron/Terrorsaur
    Slug => Hardhead/Triceradon
    Snarl => Saberback/Slapper/Striker
    Sludge => Bazooka/Hardhead/Sling/Striker

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  12. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

Here is my opinion on it. I too would love all 5 Dinos, but we will probably only get the 4 that were actaully active in the game. Now, flooding the market? Probably not. WIth SO MANY retailers giving back negative feedback on how they have 10 -15 Delux Transformers just sittin there not selling (they are not telling Hasbro they are all bumblebee), Hasbro is now thinking twice about the delux line. They are focusing on the Cyberverse and Cyber Commanders, along with Voyagers. These places are not telling Hasbro WHY they have 10 -15 extra deluxes, they just report too many in inventory. THis is what is killing us for the next waves, this is one reason why we are not seeing the infulx of new waves of deluxes, These places want whats in inventory to move before ordering more. Thats my opinion anyway.

You want the new stuff faster at your local shoppers Mart? help them get rid of those bumblebees! lol

13. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:

Err... Hasbro doesn't exist in some vacuum where they're incapable of going out and doing research. If you think Hasbro doesn't have more than a few employees that do little more than travel around and see which figures are selling and why, then you're a bit naive. Running out and buying Bumblebees won't do anything but say to Hasbro 'Hey, Bumblebee always sells out!'

On topic though, I'd personally kill for a full set of these dinobots. And if I could only get one it'd be Snarl. I've never understood how Slag gets so much more love than Snarl. Snarl's design is just so, so much better IMHO.

As far as what I think we'll actually get? Swoop, if we're REALLY lucky.

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If they make the Dinobots, they will have a place on my classics shelf like Shockwave does.

15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Id really like Sludge since the last time we got a brontosaurous was the original sludge but i dont see that happening

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    As much as I would love to have all 5 FOC Dinobpts it's sadly looks like it'll be only Grimlock will get a toy and not the rest. However I'd love to se Hasbro prove me wrong in the future. Worst case secernio I'll just get Animated Swoop and Snarl as stand ins.

17. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

I think You TOTALLY misread what I typed. It all doesnt matter. just an opinion. THe point to buy the bumblebees was sarcastic.

18. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm happy about the Deluxe Grimlock (I hate the way the classics/Henkei version looks), however I'm hopeful we get a voyager of him.. And a deluxe of Swoop, and a Voyager of Slag... *cough cough* along with voyager Optimus & Megatron *cough cough*

19. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    We're getting Grimlock, That is good enough for me!
    We havn't gotten 5 Dinobots since G1, Hasbro is under no obligation to give us more, and the "threat" the OP made like they should be worried about 3P rip-offs is laughable.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    What deluxe Grimlock? The one you hate? The FoC one is a Voyager.