Any Burning Questions For Fansproject?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by barrelks, Jul 25, 2009.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well I was at Cybcon (Washington State Transformers Convention) today and there was a rep for fansproject there (really nice guy, and I will try to get his name). I had to leave early to handle some stuff but am hoping to make it back there before it closes. If I do, are there any questions that people would like me to try to get some insight into?

There was a display with the Optimus Prime Trailer, Superion Upgrade, and the previously seen photographs (from Botcon) of Springer, etc. I asked a couple of questions myself about the products.

They are going to start packaging the Optimus Prime Trailer within the next 10 days so shipping shouldn't be too far behind.

At this point, the Protector Upgrade is slated for late this year or early next year.

Classics Megatron Minigun is definately cancelled (which we knew). I had to ask because he had it on display (looks nice too), and it was said that they are looking to do a more unique project instead.

Are there any other burning questions that people want me to try to get answered if I can make it back? I will only ask civilized questions to them, and will let everyone know when/if I am leaving to go back.

Barrel

2. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    How did you respond to the negative response from Hasbro at BotCon?

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Anything I have to say will, at this point, come off as 100% percent negativity and snark so in the interest of self preservation and time I choose to say nothing. That is all.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When will the Superion kit arrive at BBTS? And will the Prime trailer be equally delayed?

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'd love to get some more details about the re-release of the City Commander set.

6. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Yes, I ask a similar question too.. when will it arrive at TFSource?

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repaint potential for the superion set?

8. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would ask about the Classics Prime Trailer and if it still has the stealth mode etc.

9. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Oh, possible appendage add-ons for Energon Bruticus like the Superion style?

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS!!!!! And Devs!!

11. barrelks

News Credits:
    Ok, I wrote down the questions and I am heading back. Hopefully the rep is still there and willing to answer the questions.

12. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Why has nobody mentioned the burning question that goes....

"what's the deal with the Rodimus upgrade kit? When where and how much?"

well, mainly when as I guess it'll be around £80 for me, which honestly, I can live with. I'm doubtful about buying the Magnus set, but the Rodimus one is already on my mind.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Any news on Defender? Collector? Warbot?

14. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Sadly I didn't see this thread earlier, but I did happen to ask what's the status on the Rodimus kit development and all the dude could tell me was "we're still working on it.

If you're around, holla back!

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    the Protector upgrade kit is the Rodimus upgrade kit

16. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I got a question for them.

Where's the potential Classics/Universe Powermaster Prime Armor/Trailer love?

17. barrelks

News Credits:
    I am sorry, but by the time I got back to Cybcon Fansproject had packed up and left. Only question that I can answer from what I saw is that the Prime Trailer did appear to still have the "Stealth Mode". The trailer was folded out, but did have double hinges and double panels that were visible.

As I said with protector (Rodimus Upgrade), he stated that it would be released very late this year, or early next year. I appologise that I couldn't get any answers for everyone. I will say that there wern't any new pictures of upcoming projects from the ones already shown at Botcon. Hopefully some of the other Washington guys can add some answers to the thread as they get home from Cybcon.

18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying. Glad to see some info come out, especially on the Protector armor (what I'm most interested in).

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    /\Ditto.

Plus I am glad the Protector armor is still being worked on as that is a must have for me. What was the reason for not producing the guns? Was Hasbro bearing down on them for trademark reasons?

20. loopdog

loopdog Well-Known Member

I just found this thread so I do not have all the answers to the questions posted, but I did spend some time talking to the FP rep.

1.) The Classics Prime Trailer did have the stealth mode, the rep did the transformation and I thought it looked really good. He believed it would start shipping in a week. Rollar transforms (lenghtens) to carry Optimus' energon lunch box (TFCon). Rollar will launch and the weapons looked nice. I wanted the trailer before I saw it, and now I definitely want two. I also bugged him about a Nemesis Prime trailer, but no deal right now. It would have to have something "different" and couldn't just be a repaint.

2.) As stated by barrelks, the Protector (Rodimus) armor is slated for release later this year.

3.) The rep claimed the re-release of the City Commander set was an internet rumor and is not true. However, if enough interest existed it is possible to do another run.

4.) They were hoping to have the Superion set at CybCon, but delays prevented that. It sounded like it was only a week or so away.

5.) It appears Defender is only a concept at this point, and would only see the light of day if there was enough interest to start the project. I would assume Warbot and Collector are in the same situation.

This pretty much sums up my conversation with him (at least from what I remember, it was a long conversation).