Any Baltimore fans out there?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by bushboy, Apr 8, 2007.

1. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

I'd be into hanging out with some local fans and trade, buy, and sell some stuff. If we are truly interested, let's start talking about a central location and get the ball rolling. I mean even for the DC fans it isn't that long of a distance to meet up.

2. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    Well what kind of venue would you suggest, like maybe renting a town hall or something or maybe getting together at someones house?

3. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Lurking around the boards and found this entry. I'd be into hanging out with a few people. Even though I'm new to the fandom. I live in the south east Baltimore area.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking about going to the Convention but if there is not going to be any TF dealers than I will just stay home.

5. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    You can never get anything here in Baltimore like they do in other states. Apparently its the worse place to hold a gathering to convention goers or people who wanna make a tubload of money.

One is talking of Conventions right? Or are you just seeing if there are any Transformers Fans in Baltimore, Maryland? I'm one!

6. Talathia

Baltimore FTW :D 

I was thinking more of a coffee meet/get together at a diner or something. Maybe we could stalk the Targets, Wal-marts, and the Toys R Us on 40 for fun to see whats in.

7. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Transplanted Baltimoron currently in Columbia...debating whether or not to go to Comicon.

8. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Good ol' Highlandtown and parts of that ilk...spent many a year there. Never knew that I wasn't the only TF nut...although my habit goes WAAAY back.

9. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Baltimore is to close to me to ignore this thread.

10. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I lived there for a few years, That is where I met my wife who was born in 'B-more. We lived in highlandtown too, next to Patterson Park. I didn't find any good toy/games shop in the area. I had to go to Glen Burnie or Frederick.

WOTC has conventions there and Games workshop is headquartered in Glen Burnie, so there is always a convention for their miniature stuff. No cool toy conventions though.

11. Talathia

Just a shot in the dark.
    But if the movie makes it to the IMAX theater at the Science Center, would anyone be interested in having a sort of get-together and seeing it there? I know we don't know yet if it'll show there. But I think it could be kind of cool :3

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yeah I live in Glen Burnie... It's kinda hard for me to find a place with a good selection of figures... any advice?

13. Talathia

It's been hit or miss with me, but I've yet to find any Bumblebee Deluxe or Barricades for that matter. The Voyagers are scattered here and there, same with the Die cast figures.

Who and what are you looking for?

(we should probably turn this into PMs c_c..?)

14. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    I'd be interested.

15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If anyone is interested, RUN to the Walmart in Glen Burnie tomorrow morning. Just copped ultimate Bumblebee and Leader Brawl from there, and there where three UBs left and four Leader Brawls. Can;t make any promises, but you can call in case scavengers have already raided the shelves.

Wal Mart
    7992 Crain Hwy S
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061 Map
    (410) 969-5601

Also, I shoulda mentioned, I'm looking for older figures, (Alternators, Cyberton, CLassics, ESPECIALLY ANYTHING STARSCREAM). I have so far, CC Bumblebee, Barricade, Blackout, Brawl, Starscream, Starscream G1 Redeco, both Megs, both Primes, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz. I'm looking for Scorponok, G1 Jazz and Bonecrusher.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  16. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And here i thought i was one of the only transfans in baltimore. A get together would be nice. It would be cool to not get made fun and laughed at when i talk transformers for once. Since figures have been mentioned, has anybody seen any of the second wave movie figures? i.e. 2008 bumblebee, dreadwing, etc? The Walmart in dundalk(where i live) has the voyager class Megs, Optimus, thundercracker, and repaint ratchet from the movie. there was 2 or 3 of them each as of yesterday (24th) at about 2pm when i was there. Oh, and they had the skids and richochet alts for $10 back near plants and toys (clearnace area).

17. Talathia

Awesome, once the 21st rolls around and we know if it's in the theaters. We can work something out then. I have off Tuesday-Thursday x_o so it would have to be a weekday. Once it's out.. I guess one of us can make a post about it and figure things out.

Ahh the land of the Golden Eggs. I live really close to Dundalk, more down by the steel mill. I'd be totally up for hanging out or a get together somewhere. Maybe we can work something out. As for the figures- I've seen no 2008 BBs anywhere.

18. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even tho I'm down here in va beach, Let me know when you are planning a meet and as long as it's on the weekend I should be able to make it.

try to do a local meeting down here and only had a few people show up and no one every wanted to meet up again.

19. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, if anybody knows where waldorf is, the St. charles mall (the mall on 301 past waldorf) had the new movie figures. I missed out on 08 BB and arcee, but they had all others except dropkick. let me know what everybody gets worked out as far as a get together.

20. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I checked the science center imax website...no plans for TF movie yet. I think I'd be able to convince the gf to see it with me.

Targets in the Columbia area are filling up with g1 recolors. I've yet to see another cc bee or arcee deluxe since I nabbed them over a month ago.

The Glen Burnie mall locations are usually good for picking up the new stuff...but haven't been there for quite a while.