Any announcement on Season 3 DVD?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by kylash327, May 27, 2009.

1. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Just curious if theres been any hint at a release date for Season 3 on dvd?

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nothing yet.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Yeah I need this too. I missed near all of season 3.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm starting to have doubts there will be a S3 DVD. :( 

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope this season comes on DVD. I also hpw eh have this super-long Behind the Scenes feature which would include a round table discussion like this one.
    YouTube - Voices of Justice

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I see no reason why it wouldn't come to DVD. They seem to be releasing a lot of Transformers on DVD now. Plus, the rest of it is already out, why leave it incomplete now.

7. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Now that would piss me off. I doubt they won't release it though like has already been stated the other 2 seasons and Transform and Roll Out have been released. We may see a release sometime around the release of ROTF on DVD later this year to play into the Movie DVD hype.

8. CAI220

CAI220 Forgotten little bot :'(

If the dvd is released, I expect shorts.

9. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I wouldn't worry, season 3 is going to come out on DVD, unless something crazy happens.

10. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You're probably looking at a late summer / early fall release.

11. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know but I must have it!

12. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I'm betting at Botcon they'll tell us that the show did so poorly they feel there is no demand for a DVD and so it's not getting released anytime soon.

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Well get the DVDs. I have no doubt on that. I'd say August/Sept. around the time season 2 was released last year and about the time the TFA Allspark Almanac comes out.

14. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

Hasbro has almost no stake in the DVD release except royalty sales. About the only reason I can see the DVD being delayed or canceled would be due to legal action b/t the two companies.

If the split is amicable, or even coldly professional, we'll still get a DVD on a normal release schedule.

Now if CN thinks Hasbro deliberately screwed up the toy sales to make the show less profitable for CN, and then jumped ship to a rival network, I could see a scenario where CN files suit. I'd expect that sort of action after a DVD release.

However, if Hasbro has decided to sue CN over estimated loss revenue due to mishandling of the property, then it might completely screw up the DVD release.

Before anyone panics, this is all speculative fiction. I don't know if this will happen. But if someone at Hasbro or CN is very angry at how Animated went down and how much money may or may not have been lost, then a lawsuit to cover expenses is par for the course between two corporate ex-business partners.

15. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    According to everything we've heard, the ratings sucked and the toys didn't sell, so I doubt anybody would sue anybody over it and cost themselves more money.

16. asderiphel

There may not be enough to profit to warrant a lawsuit, true, but profit is not the issue. Development, advertising, and production all fall under the umbrella of the joint venture. Using arbitrary numbers, if Hasbro spent $4 million on Animated's development with an estimated return of $15 million, and can prove (or strongly infer) that CN's handling of the property resulted in a loss of $5-6 million in profit plus wasted $2 million of the development, then it might be worth it...especially to the shareholders.

A loss on the books hurts the company portfolio and can drive down shares. If Hasbro (or CN, in the reverse) can substantially reduce that loss without too much additional expenditure by using the legal system, then they probably will.

Also, it's worth noting that (sometimes) that the reporting on any monetary value in investment tied up with pending legal action can be deferred to the fiscal year in which the legal action is resolved, i.e. they may not have to pay full taxes on this division, or put it in the financial report for the shareholders till it's resolved. If the loss is large, it sometimes make sense to employ legal action to simply defer the loss into a more advantageous fiscal year. (I could be totally wrong on this, but this is how I understand it based on the way the insurance companies 'hide' their losses from year to year using litigation.)

17. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hasbro and Cartoon Network had a contract. Once Season 3 was finished, the contract was up. Hardly think that means either side wants to sue each other.

18. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Meh!

Never tie/merge yourself to a company that will sell you out either way.

19. asderiphel

I'm not saying they will, but nearly all contracts of this type have some sort of performance clause. If one side thinks the other didn't meet the stipulations set in the contract, a lawsuit might ensue.

I know this because the company I work for is going through this exact type of litigation with an (ex)-contract partner.

Again, not saying it will, just saying it could...and if it did, it would mess up any DVD release (yay, back on track).